Sponsored

Custom lug nuts?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Ordering rims and evo kit tomorrow and I got the idea of some bullet lug nuts. I know 14.5x1.5MM is the size but does length matter?

F48ACD3C-F5AF-4240-B06A-3F29E08C3F57.png
Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Trying to make your JL look like a semi-truck with spikes sticking out of the wheels?

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Trying to make your JL look like a semi-truck with spikes sticking out of the wheels?
Nope, semi's have spikes..these are bullets. :giggle: It's all about the details. Will go nice with my bullet antenna.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Nope, semi's have spikes..these are bullets. :giggle: It's all about the details. Will go nice with my bullet antenna.
I can only imagine how terrible that'll be when you rub a rock or something - You'll likely snap the lug off and/or damage your studs. That'll be fun to fix.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I can only imagine how terrible that'll be when you rub a rock or something - You'll likely snap the lug off and/or damage your studs. That'll be fun to fix.
Well, I have news for you buddy..I won't be rubbing any rocks cause I don't rock crawl. Never have been rock crawling or mudding or anything like that. Maybe later in life but not now. Just enjoying customizing my first Jeep. :rock:

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Well, I have news for you buddy..I won't be rubbing any rocks cause I don't rock crawl. Never have been rock crawling or mudding or anything like that. Maybe later in life but not now. Just enjoying customizing my first Jeep. :rock:
Even while you are mall crawling you may bend them babies.

Hell, even maneuvering into a mall parking spot you can scrape a car with massive 50Cal spikes protruding from your wheels. :giggle:

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Even while you are mall crawling you may bend them babies.

Hell, even maneuvering into a mall parking spot you can scrape a car with massive 50Cal spikes protruding from your wheels. :giggle:
And back to the original question of the post finally.. What length? Is any length ok? Is size the only important thing? I'm not going crazy long, just add some nice flare.

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
And back to the original question of the post finally.. What length? Is any length ok? Is size the only important thing? I'm not going crazy long, just add some nice flare.
Length only matters in that you need them to have enough thread and length to snug the lug nut taper up to the wheel. These look like they will easily do that...as long as the thread runs at least about an inch up in to those 50 Cal lugs.

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
Length only matters in that you need them to have enough thread and length to snug the lug nut taper up to the wheel. These look like they will easily do that...as long as the thread runs at least about an inch up in to those 50 Cal lugs.
Also, keep in mind you will need to keep a 20mm lug wrench in your Jeep since the OEM wrench is 22mm.
Sponsored