First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Just an aside: I'm currently back in a loaner for other issues and the 2019 Sahara loaner they gave me has the same seat-creak problem. This is ridiculous.

Also, the part they replaced on mine was the same as humrk311's.
Should be a recall but FCA is too cheap to do such a thing.
Sponsored

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
Mine is going in for seat bracket as well on Tuesday. 3rd time in as they ordered the wrong bracket the 2nd time.

Land_Shark

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sting grey Rubicon unlimited turbo.
@JeepCares would you be willing to help me out with this issue? My 2018 JLU Rubicon has the same issue described above. I have a scheduled appoint with the dealer on August 26th 2020. Also is this potentially a safety issue for passengers in my vehicle?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares would you be willing to help me out with this issue? My 2018 JLU Rubicon has the same issue described above. I have a scheduled appoint with the dealer on August 26th 2020. Also is this potentially a safety issue for passengers in my vehicle?
Hi there! Please send our team a private message with your VIN. We would be happy to assist you in this concern alongside your dealer!

Kathryn
JeepCares

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is going in for seat bracket as well on Tuesday. 3rd time in as they ordered the wrong bracket the 2nd time.
Do you happen to know the correct part number they ordered? Thanks

Sponsored

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
Do you happen to know the correct part number they ordered? Thanks
Part # 68276600AD was used on mine but that # has been superseded by part # 68276600AE

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Dietrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I just purchased a lightly used 2019 JLU Sport from a local dealer that still has plenty of warranty left, only 7k miles on it. Absolutely love everything about it. My first Wrangler that Iā€™ve been dreaming of for 20+ years! Took the family out for a drive today, first time since purchasing that Iā€™ve had someone in the passenger seat, and we noticed this thunk the first time I made a turn, and the next turn, and the next. Got back, started to Google ā€œJeep JL pass...ā€ and auto-complete filled in the ā€œ...enger seat noiseā€ for me, and this thread was the first link! So must be a pretty common Google search. Very good information here. Iā€™ll follow up with the dealership and hopefully they can take care of it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I just purchased a lightly used 2019 JLU Sport from a local dealer that still has plenty of warranty left, only 7k miles on it. Absolutely love everything about it. My first Wrangler that Iā€™ve been dreaming of for 20+ years! Took the family out for a drive today, first time since purchasing that Iā€™ve had someone in the passenger seat, and we noticed this thunk the first time I made a turn, and the next turn, and the next. Got back, started to Google ā€œJeep JL pass...ā€ and auto-complete filled in the ā€œ...enger seat noiseā€ for me, and this thread was the first link! So must be a pretty common Google search. Very good information here. Iā€™ll follow up with the dealership and hopefully they can take care of it.
Creak is what many of us have had occur, but I guess a thunk could be what comes after it moves beyond a creak ;)

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine ā€œthunksā€ as well. Waiting on part to come in

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine done two weeks ago and all is good. Dealer didnā€™t hesitate to replace the bottom frame.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was a solid thunk too. It would do it when turning and wouldnā€™t do it again until you turned the other direction, so it was a shift in my case. Dealer swapped the entire seat base and havenā€™t had any noises since.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
^any of you who had dealer swap the frames experience any damages to door sills from carelessness of the seats moving in and out?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
^any of you who had dealer swap the frames experience any damages to door sills from carelessness of the seats moving in and out?
Negative. I read stories and checked mine when I picked it up but luckily, no issues with mine.

Dietrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Mine was a solid thunk too. It would do it when turning and wouldnā€™t do it again until you turned the other direction, so it was a shift in my case. Dealer swapped the entire seat base and havenā€™t had any noises since.
Yes, this is exactly what I'm experiencing. We happened to be on a stretch of road where we had a left turn, right turn, left turn... When we got back home in the garage I confirmed by just sitting in the passenger seat and leaning my weight from left to right. Glad to hear the seat base swap corrected the issue for you! Thanks!
Sponsored