Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Trying a quick amazon fix for now.

17B44E74-7B0A-4433-856B-E264E9BE3113.jpeg
I tried this and it did nothing for my crack.....actually made it worse. I'm sure it depends on the crack, but this was a waste of money for me. Did it help you?
Sponsored

Lyleb80

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Had my JL windshield replace by SafePro auto glass with OEM windshield with the jeep logo and they came out thenext day. paid cash $432 they did a great job and fast work also showed up in the time frame that they gave me. safelite wanted $890 for the OEM windshield and I would have had to wait 2-3 weeks, no thanks. I live in the Mesa AZ area

KruzJL

First Name
Krunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2019
Here is a quick update for the JL owners in Australia , the only replacements windshields are going to be from Jeep no one else is stocking them ( O’briens) at the moment .Jeep Sydney has them on back order from the states so expected wait time is a few weeks before I get a windshield replacement . Waiting patiently

rikkas

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara bright white
Joining the club :(

Drove about 6 hours to a wedding this weekend and out of the blue POP (nobody was even in front of me!). Impact site is driver side lower corner. I thought that really sucks; at least it’s small and in the corner. Then 30 seconds later the crack spreads as seen in the picture.

Had safelite come out to the hotel and said they couldn’t fix it and had no OEM windshields in stock. Since I’m headed home tomorrow we’re going to roll the dice to get home and get it fixed there.

It’s been about 24 hours now and it hasn’t gotten worse but I’m curious if anyone has experienced the cracks getting worse over time? Think it’s safe to go 6 hours with this on the highway?

83CBE05F-EABD-4CED-8CA1-51802427C4E0.jpeg
Me...same point same result

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Got my first chip, from a gal on her cell phone, blocking the fast lane doing something on her phone right next to a semi hauling rocks. Could hear the ting, ting of little rocks and was waiting for this gal to look up and get off her phone and sure enough a big rock came down and chipped the heck out of the windshield. the Jeep is so new I don't even have plates yet, oh well guess the first damage is over with. lol

Sponsored

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I finally got my windshield replaced yesterday but noticed some black glue near the edge on the passenger side. Is it normal to have some extra glue showing? The drivers side looks clean, thinking about going back as it looks kinda sloppy.

Also hearing some wind whistleing but not sure if it's the hard top or the windshield yet. It's hard to tell and haven't done highway speeds yet.

20190530_184718.jpg

gkrash

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I’m telling you guys you gotta try the rainx windshield repair kit! I fixed mine and can barely notice the crack! At least it’ll get you through a few cracks without having to replace the windshield. Mine was a bullet from a rock and then a 9.5 inch crack that spread from the top of the hole and from the bottom of the hole. The hole filled in completely and the crack filled in 99%. It’s def worth a try for $10.
I caught a small boulder off of a semi yesterday, and am going to give this a shot. The center impact is way down toward the bottom of the windshield so it's not like it's in my line of sight at all.. I'm just so irritated - I was thinking "this is the kind of semi that's going to break the windshield" - literally saw the guy swerve in front of me, hit an expansion gap, saw the rock bounce off the trailer, hit the ground and come at me. Hit nearly dead center on the windshield about 3" above the bottom. :|

I am pretty sure I invented some new curses during the rest of that drive.

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
I made it two and a half weeks and 800 miles before it cracked. Small rock caught the bottom center and has spread halfway up and turning to the right. Debating on replacing it or riding it out. I have a $0 glass coverage deductible but at this rate that's 12 windshields a year. I don't think the insurance company would be too receptive to that.
My last 2 jeeps were a CJ and a TJ, 1 w/s in 22 years in the CJ, none in the TJ. Is the glass quality in today's jeeps really that bad?

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I know everyone like to compare the JL to the 4Runner. I had 4 “chips” in my 4Runner that I didn’t even know where there, crack within a week. My windshield is destroyed at 12K.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I caught a small boulder off of a semi yesterday, and am going to give this a shot. The center impact is way down toward the bottom of the windshield so it's not like it's in my line of sight at all.. I'm just so irritated - I was thinking "this is the kind of semi that's going to break the windshield" - literally saw the guy swerve in front of me, hit an expansion gap, saw the rock bounce off the trailer, hit the ground and come at me. Hit nearly dead center on the windshield about 3" above the bottom. :|

I am pretty sure I invented some new curses during the rest of that drive.
For sure it’s really easy and cheap and really does work. I’m glad I researched the rainx kit. Let us know how yours turns out. :)

Sponsored

gkrash

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
For sure it’s really easy and cheap and really does work. I’m glad I researched the rainx kit. Let us know how yours turns out. :)
So... it's definitely *better* - but the crack has gotten bigger.. Thinking I'm probably going to have to replace it unfortunately. It really was a massive rock though, and a huge star.. (it was around a 6" crack extending from the bottom edge up at the moment of impact).

Next thing I need to research is Gorilla Glass ($1400) versus OEM ($950) replacement.. :(

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
2 months old and at 1700 miles I now have a 9" crack and growing. So my first real road trip of 715 miles and I heard a slight ping about 40 miles into the drive. A tiny star near the top center of the windshield turned into a crack. Over 40 years of driving and I've only replaced 2 or 3 windshields in that time. Granted the angle is more subject to windshield damage than other egg shaped cars made today but I've owned trucks from decades back that were closer to the Wrangler windshield angle and never had issues. I'm not surprised and I'll replace it once the crack moves to my field of vision (probably within days) with any possible alternative than an OEM windshield.

Ydnar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
One year and 8000 miles, I too am now a member of this TERRIBLE club. Truck in front of me kicked up a rock and cracked the windshield from bottom to top. 35 years of driving never had this happen. $675 online quote from Safelite...ugh

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
2 months and 800 miles. Cracked windshield. Started near drivers side bottom corner and cracked straight up..

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I made it two and a half weeks and 800 miles before it cracked. Small rock caught the bottom center and has spread halfway up and turning to the right. Debating on replacing it or riding it out. I have a $0 glass coverage deductible but at this rate that's 12 windshields a year. I don't think the insurance company would be too receptive to that.
My last 2 jeeps were a CJ and a TJ, 1 w/s in 22 years in the CJ, none in the TJ. Is the glass quality in today's jeeps really that bad?
FCA/Jeep should do the right thing and not only produce a fix/solution, but also reimburse EVERYONE who has replaced a broken windshield except in cases where there is evidence that it was hit by a substantially large rock/stone that would have broken practically ANY windshield.
Sponsored

Last edited: