Sponsored

Cracked Windshield Club

MLC40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
There is definitely something wrong with this glass that is not being addressed! 7k miles and I'm on windshield number 3!
Sponsored

IBass

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC60 R
Joined the club today. My JK never had one, today in the JL.....two rock haulers ahead on the highway. You could hear the small particles hitting the jeep. Told my wife "I'm passing these guys before the windshield...." CRACK. Rearly a small hit center at the rear view mirror and cracked down about 8 inches to the drivers side. Not even a chip at the hit.....

rikkas

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara bright white
Yesterday i cracked my second windshield in two months...a peeble hit me at about 35mph..it starded as a small star and after 3 hours with the car parked I saw a 15 cm crack
This windshield is really poor! Now iā€™ve Finished my insurance coverage and I have to pay. Please @JeepCares sensitize FCA to fix this great problem! In Italy the price for 1 windshield with antenna is over 1000$!

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ya know how the guy that says he has never had a speeding ticket gets a ticket soon after saying that. .. .no comment about windshields however!

KruzJL

First Name
Krunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2019
Sadly joined the club in 3 weeks ,Heart breaking but this is a norm as I am reading this forum !

Hope to get one replaced soon, anyone else in Australia have similar problems ?

Sponsored

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Joining the club :(

Drove about 6 hours to a wedding this weekend and out of the blue POP (nobody was even in front of me!). Impact site is driver side lower corner. I thought that really sucks; at least itā€™s small and in the corner. Then 30 seconds later the crack spreads as seen in the picture.

Had safelite come out to the hotel and said they couldnā€™t fix it and had no OEM windshields in stock. Since Iā€™m headed home tomorrow weā€™re going to roll the dice to get home and get it fixed there.

Itā€™s been about 24 hours now and it hasnā€™t gotten worse but Iā€™m curious if anyone has experienced the cracks getting worse over time? Think itā€™s safe to go 6 hours with this on the highway?

83CBE05F-EABD-4CED-8CA1-51802427C4E0.jpeg

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s been about 24 hours now and it hasnā€™t gotten worse but Iā€™m curious if anyone has experienced the cracks getting worse over time? Think itā€™s safe to go 6 hours with this on the highway?

83CBE05F-EABD-4CED-8CA1-51802427C4E0.jpeg
From the looks of it, your main crack has made it to the edge of the windshield and canā€™t go any further. However, cracks will likely get bigger out from the star.

Yes, most cracks will grow over time. Vibration and flex from driving along with temperature changes will help the crack grow.

As far as safety goes, you will be fine driving it 6 hours. Iā€™ve lived with my crack for over a month now. Not too worried about it. Hopefully that type of crack can be repaired.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Does Jeep offer lifetime warranty on windshields at time of purchase? Currently in process of ordering mine so havenā€™t had to go through the warranty spiel. My cousin got a 4Runner recently and they offered her lifetime for windshield. Iā€™m guessing Jeep doesnā€™t. Havenā€™t heard anything about it. With all these cracks they should.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Iā€™m telling you guys you gotta try the rainx windshield repair kit! I fixed mine and can barely notice the crack! At least itā€™ll get you through a few cracks without having to replace the windshield. Mine was a bullet from a rock and then a 9.5 inch crack that spread from the top of the hole and from the bottom of the hole. The hole filled in completely and the crack filled in 99%. Itā€™s def worth a try for $10.

Sponsored

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m telling you guys you gotta try the rainx windshield repair kit! I fixed mine and can barely notice the crack! At least itā€™ll get you through a few cracks without having to replace the windshield. Mine was a bullet from a rock and then a 9.5 inch crack that spread from the top of the hole and from the bottom of the hole. The hole filled in completely and the crack filled in 99%. Itā€™s def worth a try for $10.
Awesome, certainly worth a try! Thanks for the tip!

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the looks of it, your main crack has made it to the edge of the windshield and canā€™t go any further. However, cracks will likely get bigger out from the star.

Yes, most cracks will grow over time. Vibration and flex from driving along with temperature changes will help the crack grow.

As far as safety goes, you will be fine driving it 6 hours. Iā€™ve lived with my crack for over a month now. Not too worried about it. Hopefully that type of crack can be repaired.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Worst part is my wife and I were talking about how we saved about $500 from driving vs flying about 5 minutes before this.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Trying a quick amazon fix for now.

17B44E74-7B0A-4433-856B-E264E9BE3113.jpeg

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did it fill in just the impact area for you or also the sprawling crack lines that result from it?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
My kit came with a plastic covers (6?)to place over the solution during the curing process. They look like a cellphone screen protectors that you can use a straight edge to smooth and spread out the solution. One was wide enough to cover the impact and the hairline cracks. Yours is substantially larger so you could use multiple covers.
Sponsored