Sponsored

Cracked Windshield Club

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Two weeks. I good chip bit not a crack yet. Unreal.
Sponsored

erick73

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
Day 91 and 4000 miles is what it took for me to join the club. Thank you white Chevy Silverado passing me on the left earlier today.
Safelite website quoted:
With small jeep on lower right corner = $619.99 parts and labor, does not include tax or disposal
Without small jeep = $549.99 parts and labor, does not include tax or disposal.

Geico did not offer me separate glass coverage.
I have a $500 comprehensive deductible.

Yay me!

Thechrisnotopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
May have been said, but in NY windshield is covered by most insurance companies with no deductible. Replaced six on my JK. As long as the crack was over 6” they replaced. Under and they repaired.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Day 91 and 4000 miles is what it took for me to join the club. Thank you white Chevy Silverado passing me on the left earlier today.
Safelite website quoted:
With small jeep on lower right corner = $619.99 parts and labor, does not include tax or disposal
Without small jeep = $549.99 parts and labor, does not include tax or disposal.

Geico did not offer me separate glass coverage.
I have a $500 comprehensive deductible.

Yay me!
I have Geico and was able to add online.

erick73

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
I have Geico and was able to add online.
Hi kobejo,
I wonder if coverage offered differs by state. I was all over the geico website last night checking my coverage and even clicked on edit coverage to make changes and add glass. The only coverage it offered that I don't have is mechanical breakdown coverage.
I'll call geico today and ask.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
1 year and about 7 stars that I've repaired with the RainX kit. No cracks yet, knock on wood, but I'll have to replace it at some point. It's starting to look like it's seen action in the Middle East.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So 18000 miles and on my second windshield and just had another pebble strike on freeway putting me on notice for windshield #3. Anyone come up with anything to avoid this constant repair? While I did have one replacement with my JK that was from a BB pellet hit on the road. Never road strikes on the freeways like I'm experiencing now with my JL.
Will those air reflectors on the front of the hood help? Drive the air current up higher hopefully missing the windshield. How about clear wrap material that is used to protect paint etc. Clear wrap the outside of the windshield?
Anyone have a idea's they want to share?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
So 18000 miles and on my second windshield and just had another pebble strike on freeway putting me on notice for windshield #3. Anyone come up with anything to avoid this constant repair? While I did have one replacement with my JK that was from a BB pellet hit on the road. Never road strikes on the freeways like I'm experiencing now with my JL.
Will those air reflectors on the front of the hood help? Drive the air current up higher hopefully missing the windshield. How about clear wrap material that is used to protect paint etc. Clear wrap the outside of the windshield?
Anyone have a idea's they want to share?
drive with the windshield folded down.:giggle:

On a serious note not sure there is really much you can do about it, except maybe lower your deductible to $0.
Hopefully gorilla glass will be available at some point with better results.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I managed to go a year, but now I have to resign myself to being a member of this group.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
drive with the windshield folded down.:giggle:
What backing up everywhere I need to go is off the table?:like:

Not so sure insurance is the answer. A couple of $800. repairs and suddenly my insurance goes up for all my vehicles . .
Usually try and resist using insurance at all cost so it's there when and if i really need it .

Sponsored

18sport

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 stingray jlur
Made it 5 weeks and 1900 miles. Never cracked a windshield on 4 used Jeeps then I finally get my brand new dream Jeep and it happens

2C7560AF-8BDB-4E2E-9A04-5DC376FC3217.jpeg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
What backing up everywhere I need to go is off the table?:like:

Not so sure insurance is the answer. A couple of $800. repairs and suddenly my insurance goes up for all my vehicles . .
Usually try and resist using insurance at all cost so it's there when and if i really need it .
Glass insurance rider claims aren't the same as collision claims

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Glass insurance rider claims aren't the same as collision claims
Wasn't aware , thanks. I'll look into it for California insurance. Either way i'm sure a couple of claims and they will drop the coverage. In my experience they aren't in business to pay claims and don't take kindly to writing checks to customers. Interestingly enough they are very accommodating to rate increases however.
I think for the next one I will skip the UV window tint on the inside and the stickers. Looking like JL windshields are a replaceable commodity along the lines of tires and brakes, only more often...

Been driving over 50 years literally dozens of different automobiles and replaced or repaired 5 cracked windshields. One JK and 3 JLs and a 1972 Chevrolet that took a pebble on the freeway in Arizona few years back.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Either way i'm sure a couple of claims and they will drop the coverage. In my experience they aren't in business to pay claims and don't take kindly to writing checks to customers.
True but talk to your agent. A few decades ago I had a major insurance company that would drop you after 2 windshield claims in 2 years for my family policy. The current insurance I've had for almost 20 years doesn't have that stipulation but only provides a $50 deductible on glass. They don't raise rates on glass coverage claims but admit filing 5 claims a year would trigger a review.
Sponsored