Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhh that's what it is. Not silly, the 8.4 inch screen is pretty cool. Maybe you can add it later? I don't know if you can. I like the 7 inch, it is enough for me, but I get it. Why don't you get a Rubicon :)? I found a ridiculous deal on my sport S, that's why I got it. I saw more deals on Sports than Saharas when looking around, obviously none on Rubicons. I don't like Saharas anyway, don't like the way look, the shininess is a little on the tacky side for me, and I like deals, I am frugal.
Shininess? What's shiny on the Sahara?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hush. The smallest size the wheels I love are available in is 18" Don't stomp on my dreams. :(
lol, just be prepared to have expensive tires.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think a Sahara “heritage” edition with a green & tan interior would be cool
I think the Gator Green on the Gladiator would be a good color for that.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I mean, just saying.

Sahara[edit]
Jeep considers the Sahara trim version as its luxury level as it offers upgraded interior configurations.[9] The four-door-only Sahara adds more luxury features to the JL, such as eighteen-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with gray-painted accents, color-keyed fender flares, optional LED front headlamps with daytime running lamps (DRL's), and premium cloth seating surfaces. Touch sensors located on all door handles for Sahara equipped with Remote Proximity Keyless Entry option.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_(JL)

I guess you could add "Sahara owners tend to be the most defensive about their choice of model."

:P

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I mean, just saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler_(JL)

I guess you could add "Sahara owners tend to be the most defensive about their choice of model."

People in general tend to be defensive about their choices.

3.6 owners tend to be the most defensive about their choice of engine.
Stick owners tend to be the most defensive about their choice of transmission.
2 door owners tend to be most defensive about their choice of wheelbase. etc

I can go on.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

giphy.gif

Yep... I got lost driving my G-Wagen to the mall for a mani/pedi. I should have turned left after leaving Tiffany and Co with my new diamond earrings.

Seriously, I bought my Jeep because it had the Limited Slip diff and AT tires over the otherwise identical one without the LSD and HT tires. I left the steps on instead of swapping for rock sliders because my wife needs the step to get in the Jeep. The Sport S I tested didn't have the steps, so no bueno.

IMG_6149.JPG

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Shininess? What's shiny on the Sahara?
Just the overall impression I got when I took a look at it at the dealership. Just seemed to have details that inside and outside that made it look kinda shiny to me. The painted fenders and top, the bumper, stuff looked kinda shiny I don't know and the plastic side steps are so ugly. The steering wheel I remember also had some shiny metal or plastic on it I didn't like as well as the dash. And the one I looked at also had the LED group and idk, that just feels kinda "gangsta" to me.

Just a matter of personal taste. Most people I've talked to think Jeep pulled it off and the Sahara looks really nice, I just happen to disagree with them :).

Oh and I forgot to mention. I am a 2 door guy.

PS. Yours doesn't have the painted top and looks a lot nicer.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I am still leaning towards ordering a Sport unless I can find a great deal on a 2018 Sahara that a dealer needs to move.

Silly as it sounds, the only thing on the Sahara that I want, which is not available on the Sport, is the 8.4 inch screen. Very annoying that it is trapped in the Sahara and Rubi.
That is not actually silly. The 8.4 inch screen is nice. I don't know if the digital instrument cluster is available on the sport, but that is another feature I would miss that is cost prohibitive if not impossible to add later.

Of course, it also depends on intended use. My Rubicon is my daily, so I like having a good amount of features. If I only used it occasionally, I probably wouldn't care as much.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
giphy.gif

Yep... I got lost driving my G-Wagen to the mall for a mani/pedi. I should have turned left after leaving Tiffany and Co with my new diamond earrings.

Seriously, I bought my Jeep because it had the Limited Slip diff and AT tires over the otherwise identical one without the LSD and HT tires. I left the steps on instead of swapping for rock sliders because my wife needs the step to get in the Jeep. The Sport S I tested didn't have the steps, so no bueno.

IMG_6149.JPG
You can buy cheap metal steps "sliders" on ET or Quadratec. Just don't get any chrome shiny ones :CWL:

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Just the overall impression I got when I took a look at it at the dealership. Just seemed to have details that inside and outside that made it look kinda shiny to me. The painted fenders and roof, the bumper, stuff looked kinda shiny I don't know and the plastic side steps are so ugly. The steering wheel I remember also had some shiny metal or plastic on it I didn't like as well as the dash. And the one I looked at also had the LED group and idk, that just feels kinda "gangsta" to me.

Just a matter of personal taste. Most people I've talked to think Jeep pulled it off and the Sahara looks really nice, I just happen to disagree with them :).

Maybe it is all of the chrome on the Sahara that you are thinking about. It's on the emblems and grille.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just the overall impression I got when I took a look at it at the dealership. Just seemed to have details that inside and outside that made it look kinda shiny to me. The painted fenders and top, the bumper, stuff looked kinda shiny I don't know and the plastic side steps are so ugly. The steering wheel I remember also had some shiny metal or plastic on it I didn't like as well as the dash. And the one I looked at also had the LED group and idk, that just feels kinda "gangsta" to me.

Okay I agree, I'm not a big fan of the painted hard top, especially with the brighter colors.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy cheap metal steps "sliders" on ET or Quadratec. Just don't get any chrome shiny ones :CWL:
I might get something like that in the future. The steps are holding up surprisingly well and didn't break on the rocks when they rubbed.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Alot of things you talked about is not just specific on Sahara trim per se.
So you can understand how you may come off as someone who is just looking for things to shit on about Sahara owners.

Both Rubicon (shocking!) and Sahara interior dash have the same silver "shiny" trim pieces you talked about.
Both Rubicon and Sahara can come with painted fenders and painted hard tops, albeit Sahara does come with painted fenders by default. But painted hard tops are optional.
Both Rubicon and Sahara can come with optional LED group.

I do agree that different people may have different taste though.
I do agree that the silver grill inserts are a little tacky (that's why I painted mine charcoal)
I'm impartial to the running board, they do the job, looks better than most aftermarket side steps. My gf already complains that even with the running board it's a pita to get in and out, I haven't found a better replacement for them yet.

Capture.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: