litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Yep.... That leather wrapped steering wheel really keeps me on the road.... :giggle:

216861.jpg
Was going to say the same thing. I'm bone stock, running gear-wise at least. For the moment. Going to drop sliders and a lift this winter, if I have cash left over from house repairs.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to say the same thing. I'm bone stock, running gear-wise at least. For the moment. Going to drop sliders and a lift this winter, if I have cash left over from house repairs.
I've got a takeoff suspension from a buddy's Rubicon on mine. That can be pretty cost effective if a new lift is going to be too much.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Alot of things you talked about is not just specific on Sahara trim per se.
So you can understand how you may come off as someone who is just looking for things to shit on about Sahara owners.

Both Rubicon (shocking!) and Sahara interior dash have the same silver "shiny" trim pieces you talked about.
Both Rubicon and Sahara can come with painted fenders and painted hard tops, albeit Sahara does come with painted fenders by default. But painted hard tops are optional.
Both Rubicon and Sahara can come with optional LED group.

I do agree that different people may have different taste though.

Capture.JPG
Yeah I don't like the interior of the Rubi that much either. Let me put it this way, if they removed all trims and only had the Sahara and told me to pick a vehicle out of all out there based on looks I'd pick the land cruiser 70 series, but because they don't sell those in the U.S., I'd go Sahara. It is a jeep :jk:, and still looks like one.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I've got a takeoff suspension from a buddy's Rubicon on mine. That can be pretty cost effective if a new lift is going to be too much.
Did you install a longer LCA with the rubi suspension? or just replaced shocks and springs? I have one sitting in the garage and I am debating if I should get the longer LCA from the mopar lift or not.

I've been scraping too much and hate having a tire in the air. Hoping the rubi lift will allow me to disconnect for better articulation and improve ground clearance. I just need that tiny bit extra you know.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Did you install a longer LCA with the rubi suspension? or just replaced shocks and springs? I have one sitting in the garage and I am debating if I should get the longer LCA from the mopar lift or not.

I've been scraping too much and hate having a tire in the air. Hoping the rubi lift will allow me to disconnect for better articulation and improve ground clearance. I just need that tiny bit extra you know.
Just the shocks and springs. I sit an inch higher, and my front wheels get pretty good articulation when I disconnect. I'm still on the factory tires so I still rub the belly, but eventually I'll go to 33s and that will help a little bit more.

Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Seriously, I bought my Jeep because it had the Limited Slip diff and AT tires over the otherwise identical one without the LSD and HT tires. I left the steps on instead of swapping for rock sliders because my wife needs the step to get in the Jeep. The Sport S I tested didn't have the steps, so no bueno.
IMG_6149.JPG
HA! /\ THIS /\

My wife and I test drove a Sport this past weekend and the first words out of her mouth were, "You are going to need to buy the steps for me to get in this thing"

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HA! /\ THIS /\

My wife and I test drove a Sport this past weekend and the first words out of her mouth were, "You are going to need to buy the steps for me to get in this thing"
Wait until you lift it. lol.

My mother in law is super tiny, and I have a 2 Door, she can't get in the back :CWL:. I told my wife I was gonna add the rubi suspension, was gonna give us 1.5 to 2 inches, and she said hell no, not unless you get steps. I told her it'll be a great excuse for her and her mom to go to the gym and lift :muscle:

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

HA! /\ THIS /\

My wife isn’t too bad, but my partner is 5’4 at best. I’m told the rock sliders must have steps built in. I’m looking at either Rock Slide engineering, or LOD Destroyers. I’m honestly surprised how rugged the Sahara steps are.
Sponsored