Sponsored

Cleaning/Protecting the JL

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
The non-color matched black hardtops are not painted like the body of the Jeep.
They are painted, just with a flat paint. Zaino should work fine on that as, I would expect, most other polishes/waxes would. These would seem to be better suited to the job than protectants which I prefer for uncoated/unpainted fabrics and plastics.
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
They are painted, just with a flat paint. Zaino should work fine on that as, I would expect, most other polishes/waxes would. These would seem to be better suited to the job than protectants which I prefer for uncoated/unpainted fabrics and plastics.
When I said they are not painted like the body, I meant no clear coat. And if you tell me the flat hard top is clear coated, it's not like any I've seen lol. I wouldn't think a regular wax would make it look good and have read others use 303, which does make it look good. But I like learning about new products. Which Zaino product do you use on both the clear coat body paint and flat paint hard top? I looked on their website and they have a couple. Thanks for the info and I'd love to see some pics if you have any. Maybe I'd try some if I saw good results before buying.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@SouthCo Clear coat is not needed to be able to wax something. A wax or even Zaino may add slightly more gloss but so would the 303 I would think. I use Zaino's Z-2 primarily so I was gonna go with that but now I see Z-3 which may be better. I am gonna email Zaino to see what they say. The weather has been pretty crappy here as of late. Once I get to it, I can certainly post up pics.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Just heard back from Sal Zaino. All of the Zaino products can be used on the flat-painted hard top. He does recommend testing a small area when applying to flat or matte surfaces to make sure you are OK with the slight increase in gloss that may occur.

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
Yep, thanks. I read about that here and checked out that video. I bought the same tubing from Amazon and it's out for delivery. Only really got a few things, had the jeep for 2 weeks now. Got weather tech mats, rugged ridge antenna and the rubber strips. It's all leather, but I was thinking about the Bartact seat covers throughout to protect/preserve it...but thinking that might just be a waste of money. Now I'm thinking of the black grill, just not sure how that will look.
How is the Rugged Ridge Antenna working? Better or worse?

Sponsored

mike2019

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Blue Metallic
Get a can of Plexus to clean your plastic windows. I used it for years on my sailboat. If interested ask me how to do it properly
How? I would like to keep them new as long as possible. I have a JLUR, I got the premium soft top with the tinted windows. Thanks

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
How? I would like to keep them new as long as possible. I have a JLUR, I got the premium soft top with the tinted windows. Thanks
First I hose the plastic windows down and dry it with a micro fiber cloth only going one way NOT in circles. Next spray some plexus on a micro fiber cloth and put the cloth on the plastic only going one way.
Turn the cloth over and remove any excess and u are done

Sdhsg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Just got a new JL Rubicon and although I'm planning to get this off road shortly I'm still wondering what people are doing to keep the fenders, outside plastic, inside interior etc clean? Thanks for any suggestions.
I just had my 2018 coated with Ceramic ProPaint Protection.
Just got a new JL Rubicon and although I'm planning to get this off road shortly I'm still wondering what people are doing to keep the fenders, outside plastic, inside interior etc clean? Thanks for any suggestions.
I just had my 2018 jlu coated with Ceramic Pro coating and love the shine, paint protection and ease of care. Check them out at https://ceramicpro.com/

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Check out the reviews for Turtle Wax Ice seal and shine. I just picked up a bottle for ten bucks. Lots of professional detailers are surprised by how resilient it is. Some of them are even comparing it to the professional grade ceramics

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
All of my plastics, rubber, and steel bumpers are coated with CarPro DLUX.

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
What do you guys use to CLEAN the inside? I also have cloth seats? Any recommendations?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Iā€™m about to put my hard top back on for the season. Has anyone tried Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All on their unpainted hard top yet? The stuff seems to work great as a wash and or wax for the paint, just wondering about the hard top really before I give it a go.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Iā€™m about to put my hard top back on for the season. Has anyone tried Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All on their unpainted hard top yet? The stuff seems to work great as a wash and or wax for the paint, just wondering about the hard top really before I give it a go.
I replied to your post in the older (zombie) thread, but since this thread is a little fresher, I'll reply here as well. :)

Yes, I use Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All on my black hard top. I have applied it multiple times on my 19 JL (probably way more frequently than needed...it's just so easy to apply using the "wet" method when I wash my rig). It adds only a little gloss to the top and black unpainted fenders (unlike the deep shine it provides on the glossy painted surfaces).

Time will tell how effective its UV protection is (e.g., preventing graying of fenders). Overall, I am very pleased with this product. :like:

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I replied to your post in the older (zombie) thread, but since this thread is a little fresher, I'll reply here as well. :)

Yes, I use Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax All on my black hard top. I have applied it multiple times on my 19 JL (probably way more frequently than needed...it's just so easy to apply using the "wet" method when I wash my rig). It adds only a little gloss to the top and black unpainted fenders (unlike the deep shine it provides on the glossy painted surfaces).

Time will tell how effective its UV protection is (e.g., preventing graying of fenders). Overall, I am very pleased with this product. :like:
thanks for this, as expected although I havenā€™t done the ā€˜wetā€™ method yet and had only done waterless wash. Thinking I may try your method and then use 303 on the top and bumpers.
Sponsored