Sponsored

Class action...No Class (Wrangler Rollover Risk)

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Me too! I used the word dam the other day!! We are all adults and am sure we can handle a few curse words here and there!1
This isn't a sewing circle and last I knew virtually all forums stipulate you must be 18 to register...so we're all adults here. If someone wants to argue they have their kid reading over their shoulder, then that's where the parent needs to actually parent.
Sponsored

Jasonep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon Unlimited
You are all correct, and I couldn't agree more. I believe that we should all trust giant corporations to do what is right, and in the consumer's best interests. There are virtually no examples of a corporation doing something unethical or dangerous because it would generate more profits. Corporations never put profits ahead of the safety of people.

I also agree about contingency fees. Access to justice should be reserved for those that can pay large legal fees up front. It would definitely send the wrong message to people if we allowed lawyers to accept cases they believed in where the person couldn't afford to pay them, in exchange for the lawyer only being paid if they were successful.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps have always been a rollover risk, as well as every other high COG vehicle.

USAA insures our Jeeps. The cost is less than other vehicles we’ve had with fabulous safety ratings. I asked why it’s so cheap. They said it was because Jeep drivers, on average, have less accidents and less claims than other drivers.

So there you go. It’s well known to be a high COG vehicle. You buy it, you assume the risk to drive it within its limitations, just like any other vehicle.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Southern brother, I sometimes take curves at high speed when I’m being tailgated by a sports car. With over 4” of lift and a keen awareness of my vehicle, I’ve left a number of them in the dust. :LOL:

Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Can I start a Class Action Lawsuit against such lawyers for doing shady practices?
No, they can't proceed without participants and they are required to screen all possible recipients to ensure they are legit. Class action sounds impressive but in actuality, history shows individuals get squat, lawyers get rich. It's also a very long, drawn out procedure.

The majority of folks solicited to sign up forget over the years and are surprised when they receive their check for $3.56.

Simple math: Total settlement - Up to 40% for the law firm = 60% to be divided up among the 1000's of participants. Put your own reasonable amounts in the above formula and you'll see what I'm talking about.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are all correct, and I couldn't agree more. I believe that we should all trust giant corporations to do what is right, and in the consumer's best interests. There are virtually no examples of a corporation doing something unethical or dangerous because it would generate more profits. Corporations never put profits ahead of the safety of people.

I also agree about contingency fees. Access to justice should be reserved for those that can pay large legal fees up front. It would definitely send the wrong message to people if we allowed lawyers to accept cases they believed in where the person couldn't afford to pay them, in exchange for the lawyer only being paid if they were successful.
Careful, people on here will take you literally instead of the good piece of sarcasm you meant.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
No, they can't proceed without participants and they are required to screen all possible recipients to ensure they are legit. Class action sounds impressive but in actuality, history shows individuals get squat, lawyers get rich. It's also a very long, drawn out procedure.

The majority of folks solicited to sign up forget over the years and are surprised when they receive their check for $3.56.

Simple math: Total settlement - Up to 40% for the law firm = 60% to be divided up among the 1000's of participants. Put your own reasonable amounts in the above formula and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Well, regardless of the payout to the people in the class, it costs the corporations money as punishment for a crappy business decision. It still does some good.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeeps have always been a rollover risk, as well as every other high COG vehicle.

USAA insures our Jeeps. The cost is less than other vehicles we’ve had with fabulous safety ratings. I asked why it’s so cheap. They said it was because Jeep drivers, on average, have less accidents and less claims than other drivers.

So there you go. It’s well known to be a high COG vehicle. You buy it, you assume the risk to drive it within its limitations, just like any other vehicle.
Have to tell you Jeff that I have rolled 5 in my long driving life. 2 CJ5 and 2 CJ7 and a 2003 Rubicon off the side of ridge. One of the CJ5 I rolled from a dead stop in an intersection, took a sharp left, she came up on two wheels and I ended up with the passenger side on the road. Flipped it back over, let it set for 2 hours, fired it up, screwed a new mirror on and drove it for the next 2 years!!!! This was high lighted on TV for years until the engineers finally addressed the stance.

Yes, I couldn't wait for the next Jeep!!!!! Hey if you're not bleeding you're not having fun!!!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unfortunately most legislative bodies are comprised of political a-holes with "lawyer" backgrounds. It's like asking three foxes to keep an eye on the hen house!
Sponsored