First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4
Occupation
Dump truck Driver
Well there are only about 500 reasons it can come on, do you know anything else about it?
No Jeep doesn't have an active monitor system like black box. It only tells you after the problem not the root of the problem. The only way the dealership can solve this is if it happens when they are driving it or being monitored by them while a computer is hooked up to it. All they can do is clear the codes but no idea what is causing the codes. This is a serious flaw on Jeep's part for not having an active monitoring system.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No Jeep doesn't have an active monitor system like black box. It only tells you after the problem not the root of the problem. The only way the dealership can solve this is if it happens when they are driving it or being monitored by them while a computer is hooked up to it. All they can do is clear the codes but no idea what is causing the codes. This is a serious flaw on Jeep's part for not having an active monitoring system.
Oh Jesus, you are deeply confused.

What are you hoping to get out of this thread?

OP
OP
Ripsaw502

Ripsaw502

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dump truck Driver
WOW ,I thought this was a place where someone could get answers to problems one is having with there jeep not get Ridiculed. I WAS ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT THE DEALERSHIP WAS TELLING ME THAT THEY HAVE KNOW IDEA WHAT IS CAUSING IT TO THROW THE CODES CAUSING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO COME ON SO THANKS FOR NOTHING ( YES I KNOW ALL CAPS I'M MAD ABOUT THIS)

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
WOW ,I thought this was a place where someone could get answers to problems one is having with there jeep not get Ridiculed. I WAS ONLY TELLING YOU WHAT THE DEALERSHIP WAS TELLING ME THAT THEY HAVE KNOW IDEA WHAT IS CAUSING IT TO THROW THE CODES CAUSING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TO COME ON SO THANKS FOR NOTHING ( YES I KNOW ALL CAPS I'M MAD ABOUT THIS)
So you want us to psychically communicate with your Jeep across time and space to tell you what’s wrong with it? List some trouble codes, symptoms, anything.

You come across as certifiably insane.

OP
OP
Ripsaw502

Ripsaw502

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dump truck Driver
Recently when starting My 2018 Jeep Rubicon unlimited The check engine light will come on and the ABS, swaybar control, traction control, service shifter, service parking break, and all these lights come on and It will not shift out of park. Turn the vehicle off and turn it back on and itstill won't come out of park. 3rd times a charm will shift out of park In to drive. The Jeep has been Back-and-forth to John Henderer Chrysler Jeep Dodge In Heath Ohio multiple times for similar issues but this is the most recent. They clear the codes and will work for a short time but still not solving the issue. I believe water is getting into the electrical system somewhere but they have neither the time or the resources to fix it correctly. Has anyone else had these problems or is there a star report similar to this? here is my original post.
mwilk012

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

If you would have posted the codes these folks could maybe help you. Personally I don't know I am in IT but I need those error messages to fix your tech problems. Mechanics are no different they need to know the history and errors to fix the problem or at least give you advice.

No ridiculing give them the codes and information on what it is doing. Does it misfire? Does it not start? What is the problem?

Deleted member 59498

Recently when starting My 2018 Jeep Rubicon unlimited The check engine light will come on and the ABS, swaybar control, traction control, service shifter, service parking break, and all these lights come on and It will not shift out of park. Turn the vehicle off and turn it back on and itstill won't come out of park. 3rd times a charm will shift out of park In to drive. The Jeep has been Back-and-forth to John Henderer Chrysler Jeep Dodge In Heath Ohio multiple times for similar issues but this is the most recent. They clear the codes and will work for a short time but still not solving the issue. I believe water is getting into the electrical system somewhere but they have neither the time or the resources to fix it correctly. Has anyone else had these problems or is there a star report similar to this? here is my original post.
mwilk012

Batteries ok?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Batteries ok?
This. @Ripsaw502 Do you also get the ESS light (auto start/stop)? The Aux battery (if installed) can cause a lot of probs if it is faulty/or needs to be replaced. It is responsible for ESS with directly affects the cranking of your jeep. It can also a drain on the main battery as others have posted in other threads. Also, there is a known issue with fuses not being seated correctly. This can be some issue as well.

From the sounds of it, if all of these things are happening at once, I'm inclined to agree with Scott...I think you have a battery issue.

The next time you take it to the dealership (if you are within factory or EW) have them check your batteries. They should've done this the first time when they cleared your codes...

Deleted member 59498

Yeah and I am no mechanic at all but I read the forums a lot and see the same thing over and over with these batteries. All kinds of weird errors when those batteries go bad. Especially 2018-2020.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah and I am no mechanic at all but I read the forums a lot and see the same thing over and over with these batteries. All kinds of weird errors when those batteries go bad. Especially 2018-2020.
When my Aux battery went bad, ofc Jeep wouldn't crank. I put the Jeep in "run" mode, then disabled ESS, then cranked it right up. Went to auto parts place to get a new aux battery and as the time went on, I had other weird error codes popping up that made no sense. A friend told me weird things would start happening if I didnt get the aux battery replaced. I replaced it myself, and didn't have any of the issues again.
Sponsored