Sponsored

Check Engine Light - Code p0137

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
Sucks dealing with this crap only a week after taking a delivery. Did you get a flashing CEL or a solid CEL? I am really hoping it’s just a faulty fuel injector that is causing this.

Mine is a flashing CEL. I'm no mechanic but think this is worse than a solid CEL. My engine not only felt like it was running rough, but it sounded rough also. My 2018 Honda Ridgeline had some faulty fuel injectors about 3 months ago and they replaced the fuel injectors under warranty and it's fine now.

And yes, when you have these issues with < 500 miles it makes you start worrying about not getting the extended warranty.
Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Mine is a solid CEL.
Mine is a flashing CEL. I'm no mechanic but think this is worse than a solid CEL. My engine not only felt like it was running rough, but it sounded rough also. My 2018 Honda Ridgeline had some faulty fuel injectors about 3 months ago and they replaced the fuel injectors under warranty and it's fine now.

Good thing you had it towed to prevent serious damage. Dealer said it’s fine to drive it tomorrow when I drop it off. Will keep you guys posted.
And yes, when you have these issues with < 500 miles it makes you start worrying about not getting the extended warranty.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase

I just called the service department at the closest dealership to my house. They can't get me in until tomorrow, but I asked about driving it with the check engine light on. He said you can as long as it's not flashing, so your belief that flashing is worse is correct.

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
I just called the service department at the closest dealership to my house. They can't get me in until tomorrow, but I asked about driving it with the check engine light on. He said you can as long as it's not flashing, so your belief that flashing is worse is correct.
Nothing yet for me - dealership called today and said they are still trying to figure out the issue.

Sponsored

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing yet for me - dealership called today and said they are still trying to figure out the issue.
That would be frustrating for sure. Would be interesting to know what code your Jeep is throwing. I don't know much about cars, but have friends who used to work in dealerships who seem to give me some good information.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get your Jeep back from the shop? Mine has been in the shop for a week and they still don't know what's wrong with it.
No, apparently the first guy I talked to who told me to drop it off first thing in the AM didnt put an appointment in for me. The desk lady gave me attitude and sounded like it was a major inconvenience for my Jeep to be there. She called me back 2 hours later and said they would need it for a couple days because they don't know what's wrong with it and it could be a cylinder head issue and they escalated to Chrysler. She wouldn't tell me what the code was, but I think she was lieing to buy them time to actually look at it since guy #1 didn't even put an appointment in. I'm going to question why it took 3 days to fix it if its just an O2 sensor. Tomorrow is day 3.

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, apparently the first guy I talked to who told me to drop it off first thing in the AM didnt put an appointment in for me. The desk lady gave me attitude and sounded like it was a major inconvenience for my Jeep to be there. She called me back 2 hours later and said they would need it for a couple days because they don't know what's wrong with it and it could be a cylinder head issue and they escalated to Chrysler. She wouldn't tell me what the code was, but I think she was lieing to buy them time to actually look at it since guy #1 didn't even put an appointment in. I'm going to question why it took 3 days to fix it if its just an O2 sensor. Tomorrow is day 3.
I pressed my service advisor and asked if she had ANY update. She said the service tech had placed an order for replacement fuel injectors and they may show up tomorrow (Friday) or next Monday. When I called last week she said the tech who was working on my Jeep didn't work on the weekends. As I have stated before, I'm just glad this isn't my daily driver as I know a lot of folks who bought their Jeeps use it as a primary vehicle. I think they are shooting from the hip.

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
I pressed my service advisor and asked if she had ANY update. She said the service tech had placed an order for replacement fuel injectors and they may show up tomorrow (Friday) or next Monday. When I called last week she said the tech who was working on my Jeep didn't work on the weekends. As I have stated before, I'm just glad this isn't my daily driver as I know a lot of folks who bought their Jeeps use it as a primary vehicle. I think they are shooting from the hip.
Beats me why it’s taking 3 days to replace O2 sensors. Day 1, I am told they are overnighting the part and I should be able to pick it up next day. Fast forward to Day 3, I am told the part isn’t here and they will call me mid-day tomorrow.
Funny thing is Jeep Care reached out to me today and told me they are getting involved and talk to my dealer. This is my first Jeep. I just hope I didn’t shoot myself on the foot.

Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
If you are at the dealership next time, ask if you can talk to the tech.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have been waiting for this thing to appear to finalize itself before providing another update. So, a quick recap to catch you up.
  1. Jeep starts idling rough and throws the CEL and the Auto/Stop Start Light
  2. Take it in and they tell me there is a leak in the valve cover gasket that was leaking down into the exhaust and fouled the 02 sensor. Replaced the gasket and the 02 sensor and sent me on my way.
  3. After picking up the Jeep I had to go out of town and took the Jeep to the airport. First, morning at home after the trip I notice oil on the floor under the Jeep. Not a pool but like good drips. I can see oil on the side of the block. Take it back in this Monday.
  4. Drop it off and wait. Service Advisor comes in and says its some part down below the airbox and it needs to replaced (after I pick it up I will update the part name here). Have to order it so I leave the Jeep on Monday and the installed on Wednesday. Put everything back together and they determine they still have a leak and discover that in fact when there must have been a fracture in the valve cover. When they replaced the valve cover gasket and retorqued everything that fracture turned into a crack. They need replace the valve cover now. That was Wednesday...valve cover is supposed to be in today.
So, I should get it back today or tomorrow. I will post again once I have it and see how things turn out. Hope that helps someone.

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
I have been waiting for this thing to appear to finalize itself before providing another update. So, a quick recap to catch you up.
  2. Take it in and they tell me there is a leak in the valve cover gasket that was leaking down into the exhaust and fouled the 02 sensor. Replaced the gasket and the 02 sensor and sent me on my way.
  3. After picking up the Jeep I had to go out of town and took the Jeep to the airport. First, morning at home after the trip I notice oil on the floor under the Jeep. Not a pool but like good drips. I can see oil on the side of the block. Take it back in this Monday.
  4. Drop it off and wait. Service Advisor comes in and says its some part down below the airbox and it needs to replaced (after I pick it up I will update the part name here). Have to order it so I leave the Jeep on Monday and the installed on Wednesday. Put everything back together and they determine they still have a leak and discover that in fact when there must have been a fracture in the valve cover. When they replaced the valve cover gasket and retorqued everything that fracture turned into a crack. They need replace the valve cover now. That was Wednesday...valve cover is supposed to be in today.
So, I should get it back today or tomorrow. I will post again once I have it and see how things turn out. Hope that helps someone.
Jeff,

Thanks for sharing this timely update.
My Jeep also seems to have the exact same issue (ie. needs a new oxygen sensor and now valve cover). Apparently, they were going to order the oxygen sensor but were told by factory, the valvr cover needs to be replaced as well. So they must know.
Per my dealer, the valve cover is newly designed part.
This is getting very interesting...

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with the service department about my jeep. They said that there are intake parts that need to replaced, he was mumbling and hard to understand, but the part is backordered and might be in in the middle if next week, but he couldn't tell me for sure. He said some gaskets needed to replaced too, but not which gaskets. He didn't say anything about having to replace the valve cover though.

OP
OP
jthoms1

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just got off the phone with the service department about my jeep. They said that there are intake parts that need to replaced, he was mumbling and hard to understand, but the part is backordered and might be in in the middle if next week, but he couldn't tell me for sure. He said some gaskets needed to replaced too, but not which gaskets. He didn't say anything about having to replace the valve cover though.
It sounds like the same issue I had.
Sponsored