Sponsored

Change SiriusXM station while using Android Auto

rcubed3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I'm new to the Jeep world, and to Uconnect.
Yesterday I was using Waze through Android Auto on my 8.4" screen, when I noticed that I could not change the XM station with the tuning knob unless I first switched screens from Android Auto to XM. I could then change stations and switch screens back to Android Auto. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Ron
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I'm new to the Jeep world, and to Uconnect.
Yesterday I was using Waze through Android Auto on my 8.4" screen, when I noticed that I could not change the XM station with the tuning knob unless I first switched screens from Android Auto to XM. I could then change stations and switch screens back to Android Auto. Is this normal?
Thanks,
Ron
Yes. You can use your steering wheel controls too without leaving Android auto

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@rcubed3r

You mentioned you were new to the 8.4 and UConnect.., so I offer this hint..

I travel the interstates lots, so I too use Waze but also switch off and use Google Maps on occasion. I also switch to Amazon Music, etc..

On your 8.4 when you are at the screen where there are multiple large circles / icons for Waze, Google Maps, Amazon Music, etc., when you want to pick one/ to make a selection..............

-You will see some user's press hard and steady, on the large circular/ icon to make a selection. You'd figure that is where you press..

-You will see some user's that will tap hard on the large circle/icon... You'd figure that is where you tap 8-)

Doing either of the above, after multiple tries, may get you the selection.... but ....

Anyway, Rather then doing one of the above............... just press on the little name label under the large circle/icon. So, if you want WAZE, do not touch, or tap on the large circular/icon, but press, gently and firmly on the word Waze, under that large circular/icon and your selection will be made.... Do this and making your selection will be very easy and with a first time touch.
Sponsored