Sponsored

Cellular Module next to Battery

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
So, my dealer experience was a .001 out of 10 stars. In all my years of purchasing new cars, this was by far a joke.
With that being said, I noticed a cellular receiver of some type under the hood near the battery.
What is it used for? Is this how they are able to update my miles in my Mopar Garage, or is this some type of LoJack?
I am not sure where I should post this, but it felt right here.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Probably installed by the dealer and is either part of an add on alarm or some type of tracking system. There are others on here that have posted similar findings. If you are financing or leasing the vehicle, it may be required by your finance/lease company.

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Post a picture of it.
https://www.spireon.com/ -- figured out what it's for. It is GPS for stolen vehicle recovery.
I only recently noticed it. Working in the garage without sunlight, I noticed a blinking light.
The dealership/salesman either forgot to tell me, (dude was clueless) or wanted me out ASAP and didn't tell me. It wasn't a pretty transaction.

It was originally mounted lines down. I didn't see the writing on the back until I peeled it off the velcro.

upload_2020-4-3_16-10-35.png

upload_2020-4-3_16-5-46.png
Sponsored