Sponsored

Weboost cellular signal booster. Experience/Trade-offs?

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Who else uses a cellular signal booster? I've been using a Weboost Drive 4G-X signal booster for almost two years now, and was curious how they've been working for others.

Despite the name, the company says it is 5G-ready. Seems to work on my 5G. Mine's on a switch so I only turn it on when I need it. It only takes 6V/2.5 amps, but I'm pretty miserly with my wattage. (It does already come with a convenient switch)

I've found that while it does boost signal, it also limits maximum transmission speeds. Whenever I run a speed test in a high-coverage area, it consistently gets lower Mbps.

But it has been very useful in areas with poor coverage. It generally adds 2-3 bars of signal, even from zero. It is pretty useful for long conversations at highway speeds, though it does seem to try to stick to the current tower before connecting to a new one. I do restart it sometimes.

I don't use much data nowadays, so I don't care much about transfer speeds, but if I worked out of the jeep in remote areas, I'd definitely get one. As it is, I consider it an extra bit of insurance.

There are new models out now, so I'm wondering if anyone has any new experiences.
Sponsored