Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I keep going back and forth on these. I really like the way yours looks just wondering if the arms move around when driving. Do you think this would damage the dash over time? (70 degrees---are you kidding me?) Good post, thanks
No, they are tight enough where they don't move at all. I have the resting on the dash, but if you were worried about it, you could put some sort of adhesive with a soft back (even just the soft side of a velcro dot adhesive) or something on the arm so it doesn't directly rest on the dash without anything in between. They don't move and I've wheeled with it on there multiple times at higher speeds and rockcrawling - check it out @AZONAJP on instagram

Since no one has said it yet... Big thumbs up for the Han Solo dice! :)
Bingo!! Nicknamed my Jeep the Falcon ;)
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Has anyone found a good cellphone holder for the JL? I found a aftermarket one that replaced the dash pocket for my JK.
I use the POWR mount attached to my windshield. It holds my Note 9 right where I can see it and use it without taking both hands off the wheel, AND it rapid charges the phone at the same time. Use is easy...the phone literally drops in and slides back out in a half second. I love it.

https://www.powr.co/products/powr-wireless-car-charger

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Since no one mentioned it (or I missed it) I like the ProClip mount. I mounted it to the right of the uconnect screen. I wouldn't have gotten it if google maps had come out with compatibility with CarPlay about a month earlier. Its nice to have a home for it though.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
I second the ProClip mount.....secure and no damage to the dash...works like a champ !

MikelMD

First Name
Mikel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLU
Occupation
Principal Sales Engineer, Public Sector
This is where I want to place my iPhone - since I use uconnect. Looking around for a “mount” that will fit in the key fob space. Not having any luck, so looking to 3
D it!

Sponsored

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Tangokilo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Oldsmobile 442, 2001 4runner, 2010 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, 2011 VW Golf, 1969 Triump T100 MC and 2018 JLU Sport S
Just installed the Rugged Ridge dash mount. Very solid as it uses two existing screws to hold it down. Thumbs up! Tom

20191227_103938.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I keep going back and forth on these. I really like the way yours looks just wondering if the arms move around when driving. Do you think this would damage the dash over time? (70 degrees---are you kidding me?) Good post, thanks
They are strong enough that you don't even need them resting on the dash. I have mine hovering just above the dash and it never moved, even while rock crawling.

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
I spent more money trying to avoid the best options because of cost. In the end I went with Proclip so I could move it where I wanted. Instead of their phone holder I added some Ram mounts and magnets. It mostly rides below the dash. I will eventually add another ball to the top for a GoPro. The two magnets are strong enough for me to rotate the mount and use an iPad. No regrets. Just spend the money the first time.

I would also consider the Voswitch if you want accessories. Especially if you have a Rubicon. I don't have it but ball mounts are great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XSZPXGZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zN1bEbK0QPMDR

E9A0A715-1321-417B-860F-1575B2946988.jpeg

Sponsored

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
https://getoffroam.com/collections/...sh-mount-clamp-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator

I use this with the 67d diamond style mount and phone holder. super solid. The 67d rails held it too high for me, and the CMM grab handle ball was to low and invaded the passenger space a little too much. This worked perfectly for me.

20191218_184801.jpg
During the summer this is nice because the AC keeps the phone cool, but during the winter the heat from that vent makes the phone really hot. Have you noticed that?

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
During the summer this is nice because the AC keeps the phone cool, but during the winter the heat from that vent makes the phone really hot. Have you noticed that?
I haven't noticed any issue with temp on the phone. Because of the position my phone is in, its not really near the vent. Plus in the winter I usually only use the feet and defroster vents. But even if your phone was right on the vent you can still close the vent if its an issue.

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I also have the OffRoam mount and think it works very well. The mount is simple to install and the phone stays put. I have not noticed temperature issues with my iPhone when using the mount either.

I haven't noticed any issue with temp on the phone. Because of the position my phone is in, its not really near the vent. Plus in the winter I usually only use the feet and defroster vents. But even if your phone was right on the vent you can still close the vent if its an issue.

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty slick looking. I take it that you can't fully open the vent once it's in place, or fully rotate it either. Does it still allow enough flow with the AC that your passenger isn't complaining?
It doesn't really effect the flow at all, it does however restrict the aim of the vent. Not that that type of vent is ever that supper "aim-able" to begin with. And actually the mount it self doesn't get in the way as much as the ball adapter to the mount. If it became an issue it wouldn't be out of the question to grind the bottom flat. You'd probably be able to send air straight out after that. BUT. it really isn't much of an issue as it is now.
Sponsored