Sponsored

CEL After Lift Install

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
I just got my Jee back from installing the Dynatrac 2” lift and MC control arms and track bars. I drove home parked and turned off the Jeep. Started it to go drive and CEL pops on. Everything worked fine and the Steering wheel was center just fine. I’m going to give them a call in the morning I just didn’t know if there were common east things that could have happened. 2019 JLU with 3.6L and 8AT.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There’s nothing common or simple that sets a CEL resulting from a very easy lift install. Pull the codes.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Not sure it would throw a check engine light, but maybe they disconnected the FAD to drop the axle and forgot to plug it in.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Not sure it would throw a check engine light, but maybe they disconnected the FAD to drop the axle and forgot to plug it in.
It wouldn’t.

Edit: this would give you the “service 4WD” message. It is not an engine code.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at everything and gave things a wiggle. Everything seemed connected and normal.

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s throwing an evap solenoid stuck code. Not sure what that is.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
pull the codes, if you dont have a code ready to auto zone or advanced auto and they will read the code for free, if you have a code reader you can also clear it and see if it comes back

chances are it is unrelated to the lift install but also they could have bumped that triggered the code

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s throwing an evap solenoid stuck code. Not sure what that is.
the evap canister is that plastic tube that is attached to the center of the frame above the rear axle where the ebrake cables lay, i would say start checking there and follow the lines. but try clearing the codes first could be a 1 time issue or if you are under warranty still just dont mention that the lift is new

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the evap canister is that plastic tube that is attached to the center of the frame above the rear axle where the ebrake cables lay, i would say start checking there and follow the lines. but try clearing the codes first could be a 1 time issue or if you are under warranty still just dont mention that the lift is new
I do have a Tazer. If I remember correctly it can clear codes. It’s not connected because I took it off before my last service and just never got around to putting it on.

I’ll get under the Jeep and check that line. I didn’t check under the rear of the Jeep much. The Jeep is still under warranty and so far my dealer has been really good about things.

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have a Tazer. If I remember correctly it can clear codes. It’s not connected because I took it off before my last service and just never got around to putting it on.

I’ll get under the Jeep and check that line. I didn’t check under the rear of the Jeep much. The Jeep is still under warranty and so far my dealer has been really good about things.
the tazer can clear code, i would say clear it and see if it comes back, its not a critical engine issue, if it was a fluke then you will be all set if it is actual fault then it will pop back up pretty quickly.

cool the dealer ship is cool but if you go in there saying jeep was lifted then this happened they are going to blame the installer and not the factory

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The installer possibly stretched the harness mentioned above, and fumbled an electrical connection. I'd start by inspecting that harness and associated plugs.

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked over the harness and plugs giving everything a push to make sure it was seated. Only one plug had a little play but probably not what it was. The Tazer cleared the CEL. I didn’t realize the Tazer didn’t have to be married to read codes and clear CEL. But that worked super smooth(I made sure to follow the instructions). I wanted to keep the Tazer off until I got my tires. So far so good but I’ve only driven around the block.

Thank you so much to everyone for your replies and advice. Hopefully it helped avoid a trip to the dealer for a simple reset.

OP
OP
JeepJLU402

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CEL came back. But I found that the rear passenger upper shock mount bolt is pinching a wiring harness. I guess I found the problem.
Sponsored