Sponsored

Anyone have Issues after Mopar lift install?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will get some better pics when I get home. I did get some good information so far.
When you get a chance tonight, measure how far your axle is shifted to the drivers side, like in pic in link in my first post. That’ll tell me how much lift you got. Then we’ll know if that’s factoring in or if it’s something else.
Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I am not a fan of the Mopar lift. Only thing good about it is the crate you get when you purchase it. Mopar lift reminds me of an over priced Rough Country. Considerably better lifts for just a little more money. I did the metalcloak lift, and the Jeep drives better than it did stock.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
As mentioned, trackbars. I have yet to see a lift that gets both axles perfectly alighed without adjustable track bars. (Too many vaiables between weight front and rear, and the spring rates used at each corner)

having the axles out of alignment from each other affects the steering.

maybe just the angle, but in the pic it looks like the front axle is much farther driver side than the rear axle.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Only photo I have now. GF has Jeep at work and I’m at work

5433AE76-EBD1-4481-B134-6F742F8386C5.jpeg

E2343AAC-D712-4257-82FE-FCE8BC9112DD.jpeg

GF must be a keeper if you let her take your Jeep :)

As others have said, strongly recommend adjustable front and rear track bars to center axles, also a rear track bar relocation bracket will help make the rear seem 'more planted'. On my 2-door Mopar lift, they had the instructions reversed on front spring placement-longer springs go to passenger side. Good luck!

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My front axle was a 1/4" to driver, and rear was perfect. Made the Jeep drive like shit. I centered it up, and it drives like a dream.

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Also check your bolts/nuts to see if they were marked with a paint pen to see if they’ve moved. If there are no markings check to see if they’re torqued down properly.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
GF must be a keeper if you let her take your Jeep :)

As others have said, strongly recommend adjustable front and rear track bars to center axles, also a rear track bar relocation bracket will help make the rear seem 'more planted'. On my 2-door Mopar lift, they had the instructions reversed on front spring placement-longer springs go to passenger side. Good luck!
The jeep is hers.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
also, did anyone's gas mileage seem to drop significantly after the lift?

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
With a true 2” lift, a rear relocation bracket is not necessary. But if you get 3” plus with the Mopar lift, it should help. Again, I highly recommend front and rear adjustable track bars.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Negitive troll post like this adds nothing to the OP's thread. Adds nothing positive to the forum either. It needs to be reported and hopefully removed IMHO.
Not a negative troll post. An opinion just like everyone has. You installed the Mopar lift then replaced a large portion of it's parts. So instead of buying the Mopar, buy a better quality lift. Install it yourself or have a quality shop do it, learned that the hard way. Thanks to Roxy for all the help. A large amount of people that buy the Mopar lift end up replacing a lot of parts. So it would seem it would be better to just buy a better lift from the start. The OP can buy a new lift, and sell his Mopar if he wants. He will be happier in the end.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also, did anyone's gas mileage seem to drop significantly after the lift?

Mine did. I think with the added weight, plus you're higher up for more wind resistance. I'm down to 15-16 MPG on mine. Can squeeze 17.5 if I stay highway at around 60 MPH.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:swear:You are trying to start an argument as to your opinions on a thread that never asked for an opinion on a Mopar lift.

Then ignore it. You are trying to start an argument about your opinion about my opinion that nobody asked for. Seriously, I wasn't trying to start anything. Just an opinion that everyone has, and everyone on here posts about. Then again, maybe I was just trying to say the Mopar lift isn't very good. He spend X dollars on it, and now has to possibly spend more to get parts that it didn't come with. I work for a Mopar dealer, and most of the tech's even agree with me. They can't stand installing it, because everything is usually off. Uncentered axles, front springs bowed cause axle is too far back, and several other things. So, yes it is my opinion, but not only mine, and it wasn't a troll. Just me trying to point out he could do better, and maybe be happier with his Jeep.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
Mine did. I think with the added weight, plus you're higher up for more wind resistance. I'm down to 15-16 MPG on mine. Can squeeze 17.5 if I stay highway at around 60 MPH.
its the 2.0 Turbo, so it was getting close to 27MPG average. I know speedometer is off by about 6%, but even adding that into the millage, it seems to have gone down to 17-18 MPG. Seems like a big drop. We didn't really notice the drop with just the tires.

OP
OP
davered00ss

davered00ss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2 door
:swear:You are trying to start an argument as to your opinions on a thread that never asked for an opinion on a Mopar lift.
I understand his opinion. This is the GF's jeep. Most off road it will see is probably a dirt road. She wanted everything for the look.
Sponsored