CarPlay Android Auto where are you

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I guess in the big picture (it's been my experience) using Android Auto for things like navigation on longer trips, something I do a lot, having the phone plugged in is really best for battery charging anyway. Seems like Android navigation (particularly Google Maps) just kills your phone battery.
And since you can plug the phone in at the USB port in the console, and throw the phone in there, cord issues are out of sight, out of mind.
I concur. I use CarPlay extensively in a variety of vehicles for long periods and wired is better. Less lag and no battery worries.

For someone who’s in and out/ lots of short trips I can see the attraction of wireless. I have used both. It would be nice to have the option to choose.

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Interesting, I've got a '22 Superduty with the latest Sync 12" screen and Android Auto wireless works flawlessly. I think these things get better every year.
The new version may be better. People are buying vehicles now solely based on the touch screen, it's nuts. Makes sense to keep improving.
Sponsored