TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T
Hey all,

I'm looking for some ideas for a storage solution that isn't $900. While the Diabolical Slipstream is an excellent option, I can't justify the cost for my needs at this point.

I need something to keep my valuables (golf clubs, musical equipment etc.) safe in my car for short trips into stores, and less valuable stuff (Jumper pack, shoes, etc.) for somewhat longer periods of time. I park in a garage at home, and don't leave anything in it overnight when I travel, so overnight is not an issue.

It needs to be flexible/reconfigurable so I can haul a drum set occasionally, and needs to work well with a soft top. When the top is up, I'm not as worried about securing things, but many of the more-affordable options aren't compatible with the soft top due to where the arms mount to the sport bar. Specifically, I think the tuffy security deck is not recommended for soft tops.

I've looked at tonneau covers, but most use the soft top "channel" along the body to secure, and I'd rather not have to move one to put on the other. I'm somewhat ok with a "security by obscurity" approach, given how affordable the tonneau covers are. If there are shelves that don't interfere with the soft top mechanism, that would also work.

Hopefully there are some creative ideas out there. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored