First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
Thanks for the info guys. It's fortunate that I don't "need" it until mid-Sept but I don't think my nerves could stand it that long.
Sponsored

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I ordered 3 weeks ago and have used Jeep Chat a couple times. Better to give them a US address ( I happen to work there so was easy, but any address will do). After the first call they should give you a case number so that it's easier to look up next time. As many others have mentioned, Results May Vary.
Some people who ordered here in Toronto got theirs in 10 weeks, some took 14 and neither were late availability colours.

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
If you want some release from the suspense, you can sign up for one of two paid tracking services - a spreadsheet on this site and a tracking thread on Jeepgarage.org. The former is $20USD and the latter is $25USD. I'm on both and recommend the latter. I paid for the service on Jeepgarage and then signed up for free on this site before they started charging. I was concerned that the former was showing no movement. Turns out, there was no movement.

As much as I support this site, their tracking service of late is not up to the standard of Jeepgarage. They don't provide the same level of detail and the time between updates has been around 2 days of late. Jeepgarage updates 2-3 times per day.
I just got my tracking info from the guys at Jeepgarage and it shows me in D1 as of April 21st with an order date of March 19th ....

Thanks for sharing that info :like:

Daytona125

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Truck driver
Did anyone ordering from Toronto have a stop in Grand Marais along the way? how long did it take to get here from there?

I live and work at FCA in Windsor. Grand Marais refers to a storage yard in Windsor, it's on Grand Marais road in Windsor. Hope this helps.

sleeman24

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
91DF5BB9-52EF-4B07-9B65-B55646DD0A17.jpeg E4E61DF9-4A75-439D-BB39-554364228792.jpeg I ordered on 3-09 at Aurora Chrysler and picked it up exactly 2 months later. I called the 800 number to get updates a couple times a week.
3-12 Received VON
3-15 Received VIN
4-06 D1
4-23 got build sheet
4-23 JB shipped to body vendor
4-25 got window sticker
5-07 Arrived at dealer
5-09 pick up

Sponsored

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Placed order Jan 27th through Toronto Chrysler Dodge Jeep.
Picked up March 19th.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Sting Grey JLUR in Ottawa April 25 and received VON that day.
As of yesterday, no VIN assigned! I can only assume it's held up buy the supposed soft top shortage (and that it's a Canadian order).
Very disappointed. If this goes beyond the 90 days delivery period for orders as stated on my sales contract I may cancel and order a 2019 in Dec. Or Jan.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As of yesterday, no VIN assigned! I can only assume it's held up buy the supposed soft top shortage (and that it's a Canadian order).
Very disappointed. If this goes beyond the 90 days delivery period for orders as stated on my sales contract I may cancel and order a 2019 in Dec. Or Jan.
That sucks :(

I placed my order on April 29 and its at JB status now and I expect it to be released for shipping early next week.
I had the VON the day after I placed the order and the dealer was able to provide the VIN 2 or 3 days later.

I paid $30 (US) to track my build and order through Jeep Garage. All you need to get started is the VON.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
There is something wrong. VINs are assigned within days of an order and are not affected by parts shortages. Those can affect your ability to go into D1 status, but not D and VIN assignment.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
2019 orders open up in September according to Jay.

Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So what should I do, go back to my dealer and tell him he's lying? They seemed helpless yesterday, other than saying they'd ask the regional rep.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ask them to print off a fresh Priced Order Confirmation (POC) sheet. It will show the VON and if issued, the VIN. It will take them less about a minute and verify if the information you are being given is correct or not.

If the VIN is on the POC just watch them back peddle, saying it was not there the last time they checked. If it's not there, it may be time to talk directly with FCA or consider waiting until Sept.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ask them to print off a fresh Priced Order Confirmation (POC) sheet. It will show the VON and if issued, the VIN. It will take them less about a minute and verify if the information you are being given is correct or not.

If the VIN is on the POC just watch them back peddle, saying it was not there the last time they checked. If it's not there, it may be time to talk directly with FCA or consider waiting until Sept.
Thanks for the advice. I'll do this Monday. Why am I not getting a good vibe about this order.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

So I went back to the dealer this morning and had him print a new POC. Still no VIN. Status is BX - Good order available for scheduling. Sales manager wondered that if the soft tops are still backordered, that could be why my order isn't released for VIN assignment and the build. Wanting to know what is actually holding up my build, I had the General Manager call the FCA rep in Toronto at their distribution centre. The rep checked my order and said it is held up due to the LED lighting group (AD6) being unavailable. He said as soon as it's available I'll get a VIN and my order will be released to build. Bonus for me; he put a hot code on my order. I hope the LED supplier gets their act in gear.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I too have the AD6 LED Lighting Group Option, confirmed on the build sheet. If it would help to pressure them to get an actual answer, instead of guessing, I'd be happy to email you a copy. PM me with your email if you think it would help.

Mine was ordered April 29 and build May 23.
Sponsored