Sponsored

Canadian Ordering Experiences

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
If we decide again to buy new it’ll be from dealer stock. This FCA shit show of a release has been a disappointing process, especially if you were looking for a two door.
Sponsored

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
You do get immediate gratification buying from dealer stock but you usually have to make other compromises such as colour and options missing or included ones you don't want but are forced to pay for. I've owned a good number of new cars, purchased from dealer stock, but my JLU, currently on a train headed this way, is my first factory order. To me, it makes this one somewhat special. Of course, that is a personal perception and your wants, values, and patience will differ.

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I'm sorry to say but, based on that timing, your drop-dead date is quickly approaching. My JLU, heading to Vancouver, was built and passed inspection on May 24 and its railcar just arrived in Edmonton yesterday (16 days). After it gets here, it takes a few more days to transport to the dealership and PDI. The estimated delivery date I have been given is June 23 - 27, a full month after it passed final inspection and was released for rail shipment.
Yeah.. it'll be a tough call, but may be worth it for a 2019 and potentially a Diesel depending on price.

Sid88

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Silver
so I got moved from no VIN, to D1 with a ship date.....all in 24 hours....humm

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Ordered Sting Grey JLUR in Ottawa April 25 and received VON that day.
As of yesterday, no VIN assigned! I can only assume it's held up buy the supposed soft top shortage (and that it's a Canadian order).
Very disappointed. If this goes beyond the 90 days delivery period for orders as stated on my sales contract I may cancel and order a 2019 in Dec. Or Jan.
Do you have your VIN now? How long did it end up taking you?

Sponsored

Brickwall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road

Sponsored

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Did you get a good deal?
Yes. Very happy with Andrew at Woodgrove Chrysler in Nanaimo. Unlike some other Internet sales reps on Vancouver Island, he was not only very knowledgeable, he was willing to make a deal including an evaluation of our trade-in via email. On that basis we made the one hour drive north to close the deal. He was very helpful in answering all my wife’s questions which not only helped seal the deal, but also made it a pleasant experience.

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
ry knowledgeable, he was willing to make a deal including an evaluation of our trade-in via email. On that basis we made the one hour driv
Good to hear that you had a pleasant experience. I ordered mine two weeks ago at Richmond, my dealer didn't know a lot about wranglers but he was friendly and helpful so I went with him. The waiting has been killing me :devil:. No VIN yet.

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Good to hear that you had a pleasant experience. I ordered mine two weeks ago at Richmond, my dealer didn't know a lot about wranglers but he was friendly and helpful so I went with him. The waiting has been killing me :devil:. No VIN yet.
Me too. Did you get close to invoice?
What kind of ETA did they give you?
What model and options?

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
Me too. Did you get close to invoice?
What kind of ETA did they give you?
What model and options?
They say from 2 to 4 months :facepalm:.

I ordered a Unlimited Sport S (GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, ALPINE® PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM, ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE, BLACK JEEP FREEDOM TOP® HARDTOP, COLD WEATHER GROUP, TECHNOLOGY GROUP and CONVENIENCE GROUP).
MSRP was $49885 and I negotiated for $46800. They accepted but came back to me saying the order has to include the convenience group ($150). So we agreed on $46950 about 6% below MSRP.
I knew people get close to invoice price in GTA and 5%~7% below in the States but I am a lousy negotiator :facepalm:.

Did you get close to invoice?