Canadian Ordering Experiences

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
My estimated ship date (once I finally got one) was August 9, which I think was pretty much spot on.
One last question do you have a rough idea of how long it takes to get your build sheet after entering D1 status?

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
One last question do you have a rough idea of how long it takes to get your build sheet after entering D1 status?
That's a crap shoot from my understanding. From what I recall that took a couple months for me but others took much longer.

Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Got the call from the dealership on Saturday that my build has moved to D1 after 3 months in D. Who knows how long we'll be in D1. I said it before... FCA has turned this buying experience from exciting to frustrating to ambivalence. This will absolutely, definitely be my first and last vehicle purchase from this overrated and arrogant company.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Got the call from the dealership on Saturday that my build has moved to D1 after 3 months in D. Who knows how long we'll be in D1. I said it before... FCA has turned this buying experience from exciting to frustrating to ambivalence. This will absolutely, definitely be my first and last vehicle purchase from this overrated and arrogant company.
Overrated and arrogant? That's a bit over-dramatic isn't it?
You speak as if Stellantis/FCA/Jeep (whatever you want to name them) called a huge managerial meeting including every senior manager from the CEO on down with the sole purpose of deciding how to screw you, and you alone, out of getting your Jeep as fast as you think you should get it.
Manufacturing the world over has bigger problems than singling you out.
If you want to blame someone, blame Amazon and the Chinese, because the problem is simply this ... Chinese manufacturing is selling so many goods world wide via Amazon that there are not enough containers in the world inventory to keep up. The situation, from the Chinese perspective, is so dire that they [the Chinese] are paying shipping companies, the guys that own container ships, more money to ship boat loads of empty containers back to China than the shipping companies are getting for their contracted work. Hell, even the rail yards are running out of 20 & 40 foot sea containers for domestic repositioning movements. The sea containers are simply being shipped empty to the seaports for loading and transit directly to China.
At the very base of most manufacturing are computer chips. Computer chips are made of a special silicone sand. That sand is shipped to chip manufactures in sea containers. There are no sea containers to be had.
That's why there are no chips.
That's why your Jeep is taking so long to be built.
It's not personal.
They're not out to get Canadians.
It's just the way business is today.

A Perfect Example ... go out and try and buy a new graphics card for your computer ... let me know how you make out with that.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You speak as if Stellantis/FCA/Jeep (whatever you want to name them) called a huge managerial meeting including every senior manager from the CEO on down with the sole purpose of deciding how to screw you, and you alone, out of getting your Jeep as fast as you think you should get it.
If you want to blame someone, blame Amazon and the Chinese, because the problem is simply this ... Chinese manufacturing is selling so many goods world wide via Amazon that there are not enough containers in the world inventory to keep up. The situation, from the Chinese perspective, is so dire that they [the Chinese] are paying shipping companies, the guys that own container ships, more money to ship boat loads of empty containers back to China than the shipping companies are getting for their contracted work. Hell, even the rail yards are running out of 20 & 40 foot sea containers for domestic repositioning movements. The sea containers are simply being shipped empty to the seaports for loading and transit directly to China.
At the very base of most manufacturing are computer chips. Computer chips are made of a special silicone sand. That sand is shipped to chip manufactures in sea containers. There are no sea containers to be had.
It's not personal.

A Perfect Example ... go out and try and buy a new graphics card for your computer ... let me know how you make out with that.
By and large you're right... except American's have "generally" gotten their vehicles in 4-6 weeks, while Canadians have waited up to 8-10 months. Exceptions both way of course, but I think the quickest I've seen a Canadian Jeep come is 3-4 months, which is the absolute longest it's taken a US example.

We're absolutely at the bottom of the priority list.

That said, hyperbole alert is flashing, but it's not entirely unwarranted.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Well ... not the very bottom. I would imagine a Jeep going to England, Australia, New Zealand, or continental Africa is further down the list than we are ... LOL

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well ... not the very bottom. I would imagine a Jeep going to England, Australia, New Zealand, or continental Africa is further down the list than we are ... LOL
Lol. Fair point, but they're a lot more than a couple hours from Toledo, which is all I am!

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Lol. Fair point, but they're a lot more than a couple hours from Toledo, which is all I am!
And this part is really sad ... new vehicles from the U.S. come in by rail. They don't truck them from the Toledo plant into Canada. The marshalling yard where the rail drops them is over by Ayr, south of the 401 ... about 1/2 an hour from you !!!
They are trans-loaded at the marshalling yard onto trucks then delivered to your dealer. The more cars your dealer has coming in the quicker you will get your Jeep from the marshalling yard. You see, truck drivers will take full loads with less stops before they will take multi drop loads ... they get more loads in that way.
Just be thankful you don't live in Windsor. They are only 65 miles from Toledo, but 170 miles from Ayr ... LOL

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
It's not personal.

Thanks for your input but I stand by my option of this company. Absolutely no excuse for a Canadian build to take 5-10x longer than the exact same US build. Absolutely no reason to not have the same level of Customer Service (eg Jeep Chat, Jeep Cares, etc.) for the Canadian market. Absolutely no excuse for the lack of communication between the company and their Canadian dealers.
Am I bitter? Absolutely.
Will I ever buy from FCA/Stellantis ever again? Nope.
You can blame external factors all you want but some companies have had minor blips while others have really struggled with supply chain management. That points to a lack of planning and foresight. And that is all on the company itself.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And this part is really sad ... new vehicles from the U.S. come in by rail. They don't truck them from the Toledo plant into Canada. The marshalling yard where the rail drops them is over by Ayr, south of the 401 ... about 1/2 an hour from you !!!
They are trans-loaded at the marshalling yard onto trucks then delivered to your dealer. The more cars your dealer has coming in the quicker you will get your Jeep from the marshalling yard. You see, truck drivers will take full loads with less stops before they will take multi drop loads ... they get more loads in that way.
Just be thankful you don't live in Windsor. They are only 65 miles from Toledo, but 170 miles from Ayr ... LOL
Incorrect as far as I understand. They get trucked from Toledo, either to Cassen's yard in Detroit, Windsor, or London ON - and then batched to dealers. Mine (currently at the dealer to pick up tomorrow) was shipped to Windsor by truck, then from Windsor to my dealer in Guelph. Also on the load was a bunch of Pacifica's for a dealer in Etobicoke.

It depends where in Canada you are.

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Incorrect as far as I understand. They get trucked from Toledo, either to Cassen's yard in Detroit, Windsor, or London ON - and then batched to dealers. Mine (currently at the dealer to pick up tomorrow) was shipped to Windsor by truck, then from Windsor to my dealer in Guelph. Also on the load was a bunch of Pacifica's for a dealer in Etobicoke.

Am in Windsor so hopefully the estimated delivery date of mid September stays true

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T

I've seen them at Ayr as well so it must depend on where the final destination is.
Sponsored