Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Did they give a reason?
Well a few weeks after my order, back in March, I was told that in order to speed up the built i needed to take off the cold weather group. Apparently when they requested it, it was to late. Now when I check my window sticker it shows the group in it. So I contacted her and she checked my order and that’s what it said September production 😡 Not day just the month.
Sponsored

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Well a few weeks after my order, back in March, I was told that in order to speed up the built i needed to take off the cold weather group. Apparently when they requested it, it was to late. Now when I check my window sticker it shows the group in it. So I contacted her and she checked my order and that’s what it said September production 😡 Not day just the month.
I spoke with my dealer and he said that from his understanding our build was supposed to be a "June Build" but thinks the SOT might be holding it up. Hopefully all that is resolved soon.
22 Weeks in from order now.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I spoke with my dealer and he said that from his understanding our build was supposed to be a "June Build" but thinks the SOT might be holding it up. Hopefully all that is resolved soon.
22 Weeks in from order now.
I am in the same boat waiting.
I ordered mine Feb 12.th.
Supposedly is does not have a clue.
The dealer told me that they do not know anything until they start to build it.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys,

Trying to figure out if there is any order on the vins that are being delivered today’s vs our own vins.

Noticed that the Jeeps that are set to be delivered on some of theBC dealershave the lastfour of the vin being 2030 to 2090 or so. The ones Ifound had same engine and tranny code than my order.

these Jeeps are set to arrive this week and where ordered in Jan/feb!

if there is any lógic to the serial portion of the vins… I am far away from getting my Jeep!

My vin Ends in 8299.

Those who already have a delivery date, what are the last 5-4number of the vin?

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Hey guys,

Trying to figure out if there is any order on the vins that are being delivered today’s vs our own vins.

Noticed that the Jeeps that are set to be delivered on some of theBC dealershave the lastfour of the vin being 2030 to 2090 or so. The ones Ifound had same engine and tranny code than my order.

these Jeeps are set to arrive this week and where ordered in Jan/feb!

if there is any lógic to the serial portion of the vins… I am far away from getting my Jeep!

My vin Ends in 8299.

Those who already have a delivery date, what are the last 5-4number of the vin?
Keep in mind that each trim, engine and transmission has a different VIN prefix. It isn’t just 1,2,3,4 (sequential)
Example:
Unlimited Rubicon 2.0L Auto:
1C4HJXFNXM Wxxxxxx
Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L Auto:
1C4HJXFG1M Wxxxxxx

My Unlimited Willys 3.6L Auto:
1C4HJXDG5M Wxxxxxx

Sponsored

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Keep in mind that each trim, engine and transmission has a different VIN prefix. It isn’t just 1,2,3,4 (sequential)
Example:
Unlimited Rubicon 2.0L Auto:
1C4HJXFNXM Wxxxxxx
Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L Auto:
1C4HJXFG1M Wxxxxxx

My Unlimited Willys 3.6L Auto:
1C4HJXDG5M Wxxxxxx
I believe the sequential is after the W. that’s the serial number of the vin. My prefix is the same as yours. Except, where you have a 5 I have a 7. That is theposition of the “validation” test for vins. Something like to test the vin and make sure it will not be repeated.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Hey Guys,

Yesterday I got the CryptoSticker notification that my car had an update. Looked into it and window sticker was available!

Time Line so far
April 8th - Confirmed Order with factory
April 21st - Confirmed D Status from Dealer
May 8th - VIN is now confirmed!
June 1st - Dealer contacted informing vehicle was being built
June 14th - Vehicle currently at JB Status - Shipped to Body Vendor
June 29th - Dealer contacted me informing vehicle was delayed due to parts and would be complete by September
June 30th - Bought myself a Maisto Die Cast Wrangler 1:18 Scale
July 12th - Crypto sticker now has my window sticker available - Dealer did not reach out, called them but my contact was not in. All other managers too busy to take call.

Tonight I'll be stoping over with a box of donuts, asking for updates!

Can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!

AllBusiness

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude
Woohoo -- finally took delivery last week of my JLU High Altitude. Ordered Feb. 6, 2021.
That's the good news! Took it in next day for PPF and was informed of 4 very obvious flaws on the front of the hood and grill. So they did PPF everywhere else they normally do except the hood and grill. Needless to say I can't drive on the highway. Went straight to dealer -- took pics to submit for warranty. Warranty approved yesterday to paint the hood and grill. The flaws are under the clear - seems some greenish particles of something under the clear. These are noticeable in sunlight, but under PPF would be more noticeable. I am hoping the dealer can wet sand and only clear the hood and grill instead of repainting them.
What I am getting at is that I can't drive the Jeep still. I would rather have waited longer for delivery to get the paint right the first time!
Hopefully everyone waiting so long for delivery will receive their Jeeps in perfect condition making the wait worthwhile!

Jeep Wrangler JL Canadian Ordering Experiences IMG_5082

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Time Line so far
April 8th - Confirmed Order with factory
April 21st - Confirmed D Status from Dealer
May 8th - VIN is now confirmed!
June 1st - Dealer contacted informing vehicle was being built
June 14th - Vehicle currently at JB Status - Shipped to Body Vendor
June 29th - Dealer contacted me informing vehicle was delayed due to parts and would be complete by September
June 30th - Bought myself a Maisto Die Cast Wrangler 1:18 Scale
July 12th - Crypto sticker now has my window sticker available - Dealer did not reach out, called them but my contact was not in. All other managers too busy to take call.

July 20th - Have a set date for the week of the 2nd of August. With the possibility of it arriving in BC on the 30th of JULY!

So, for anyone from BC that ordered around the first week of april... hopefully your car will be in the same train as mine!!!

Soon i'll be posting pictures of her! preferably covered in mud/dust! lol

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
So... The sales manager at my dealership basically told me to stop calling him every week for the same status. He said he should just cancel my order so he doesn't have to put up with my pestering him every week when I told him that the delay is getting ridiculous (25 weeks and counting). Now that, my friends, is Grade A customer service! I'm not going to say what dealer in case he gets his back up and actually does cancel my order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
So... The sales manager at my dealership basically told me to stop calling him every week for the same status. He said he should just cancel my order so he doesn't have to put up with my pestering him every week when I told him that the delay is getting ridiculous (25 weeks and counting). Now that, my friends, is Grade A customer service! I'm not going to say what dealer in case he gets his back up and actually does cancel my order.
I am approaching 6 months in 2 weeks from now.
So I know how you feel.
These Steelerships are lazy to look up and check status.
Call FCA Canada and if you get a good representative they will give you information.
If you get a lazy one they will tell you to call the dealership.

Hope to get our vehicles soon.

mxl86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
New to the forum, from Montreal! My order was sent to FCA on July 12th, so from reading the comments here, I'll be lucky if I take delivery before Christmas lol.

PierreNL

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s 2021 6spd,Vw Golf 2020
Occupation
Retired