Canadian Ordering Experiences

mikeyp23

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Are any of you guys getting deals or asking for anything? I also ordered Nov with an 8 week build promise. Now I know corona, supply chain, blah blah, etc., but it's clear American's can get their jeeps at any time, and secondary markets are getting shafted.

I'm tempted to say drop the freight charges, or something as we went from 8 weeks to 8 months. Try to send the freight charge back to Stellantis/FCA kind of thing. Maybe I'm getting too far ahead of myself.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Are any of you guys getting deals or asking for anything? I also ordered Nov with an 8 week build promise. Now I know corona, supply chain, blah blah, etc., but it's clear American's can get their jeeps at any time, and secondary markets are getting shafted.

I'm tempted to say drop the freight charges, or something as we went from 8 weeks to 8 months. Try to send the freight charge back to Stellantis/FCA kind of thing. Maybe I'm getting too far ahead of myself.
I'd love to say you'd get somewhere, but truth be told you'd get something between politely chuckled at and belly laugh guffawed at. If you don't want it they'll sell it to someone else before the wheels roll off the truck.

Sad I know, but it's what it is right now. Supply =/= demand.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
48 days for me... lol!

The best of this forum is that I can "cry" and hear other Jeeples crying for the same reason! lol

Sponsored

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
I was at the dealer on the 4th of April to factory order it.
However from the paperwork they sent me. The actual date ordered was the 9th or 8th.

Messed up thing is that I listed my old Jeep at a very high price, as I was not expecting to sell it so fast. Turns out on the same week I listed, 17 people came to see the car. 10 offers. Just couldn't refuse lol!

Now I am Jeeples, driving my wifes minivan lol!

LilRhody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
So jealous of all of you whose dealers actually are communicating and tracking your orders.

I am officially in month 8 since ordering. I call my dealer and am told they can’t get any information and will let me know when it arrives.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Cross posted:
Just as an FYI, for the majority of successful Canadian Orders with no hiccups, the sequence of events for builds, window stickers and build sheets should occur in this order:

1. Dealer places order -> VON assigned
2. Factory assigns BX status: Good order available for scheduling
3. Status moves to D: Scheduling parts for build -> VIN Assigned; Canadian Window Sticker available: http://windowsticker.fcacanada.ca/?language=en&vin=
4. Status moves to D1 (All parts scheduled; firm build schedule) -> Estimated Ship date assigned
5. Build proceeds through Status E, F, G
6. Status I: Build Complete pending Final Inspection (may move to Status J if extra accessories needed) -> Build Sheet now available: https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
7. Status KZ: Shipped or Ready to Ship -> US Window Sticker available: https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

HTH

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Today I was kinda moody, but just without expecting anything from my dealer. They call me, saying my car is being built. He will update me again by the end of the week with an ETA!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Today I was kinda moody, but just without expecting anything from my dealer. They call me, saying my car is being built. He will update me again by the end of the week with an ETA!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hope mine will be the same batch as yours! saw your build on crypto listed as a Sport 4 door 3.6L just like mine 🤪 maybe our build sheets will be posted at the same time - I see yours is still listed as "NONE"

Sponsored

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I hope mine will be the same batch as yours! saw your build on crypto listed as a Sport 4 door 3.6L just like mine 🤪 maybe our build sheets will be posted at the same time - I see yours is still listed as "NONE"
When did you order your Jeep? I ordered mine on March 1, just got into D status over a week ago.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Oh man! can't wait for it!

You are at the initial portion of the track! I am in BC! last drop of the train! you will be enjoying your Jeep far ahead of me!!!

Did you call your dealer to see if they have an update?

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You are at the initial portion of the track! I am in BC! last drop of the train! you will be enjoying your Jeep far ahead of me!!!

She texted me yesterday still no change from D

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited

Dealer hasn’t gotten back to me, they have a lot of volume so it’s understandable to not keep tabs on every single order I guess...

I purchased an “incoming stock” unit. So I had a VIN already mid-April.

but from my experience working at another automotive manufacturer they usually do the assembly of similar trims and colours in batches.

my hope is since mine is a sting grey sport unlimited it’ll be with yours. Fingers crossed!

Jorge diaz88

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer hasn’t gotten back to me, they have a lot of volume so it’s understandable to not keep tabs on every single order I guess...

I purchased an “incoming stock” unit. So I had a VIN already mid-April.

but from my experience working at another automotive manufacturer they usually do the assembly of similar trims and colours in batches.

my hope is since mine is a sting grey sport unlimited it’ll be with yours. Fingers crossed!
I hope so, I’ll keep
You update on what the dealership tells me on the next few weeks or days
Sponsored