First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I posted the entire dealer instructions, directly from Mopar
Does every dealer have this capability, or only those who selected to purchase/equip themselves with it?
Sponsored

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
So the auto tire size calibration appears to work. I had 37’s put on my JLUR yesterday and using my MPH app on my phone I validated that my speedometer was off by about 5mph around the 35mph area (speedo showing 31 when my gps app was showing 35) and about 10 off in the 70mph area. Today as I was crushing along it seemed like I was going slow and vehicles were passing me like I was a moron out for a Sunday drive on the highway. I looked down and it showed I was doing 60 so I thought I was cruising at about 70mph. I pulled up the MPH app and it showed I was doing 60 just like my speedo showed. I sped up and slowed down and the gps app matched the speedo at every speed. This all happend within 20 miles of the new 37’s being put on. And yes it was accurate with 37’s picture of my Jeep with 37’s for proof. I’ll try and post a shot with the gps and speedo together later.

13DC4017-45C8-49DE-915C-AD2C617B5E15.jpeg

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So the auto tire size calibration appears to work. I had 37’s put on my JLUR yesterday and using my MPH app on my phone I validated that my speedometer was off by about 5mph around the 35mph area (speedo showing 31 when my gps app was showing 35) and about 10 off in the 70mph area. Today as I was crushing along it seemed like I was going slow and vehicles were passing me like I was a moron out for a Sunday drive on the highway. I looked down and it showed I was doing 60 so I thought I was cruising at about 70mph. I pulled up the MPH app and it showed I was doing 60 just like my speedo showed. I sped up and slowed down and the gps app matched the speedo at every speed. This all happend within 20 miles of the new 37’s being put on. And yes it was accurate with 37’s picture of my Jeep with 37’s for proof. I’ll try and post a shot with the gps and speedo together later.

13DC4017-45C8-49DE-915C-AD2C617B5E15.jpeg
Fry_crazy.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Almost 2,000 miles on mine with 35s now and still no change. 4mph off at 55mph. Same as always. I'd love to know the trick. Did the dealer install the 37's?

Sponsored

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Almost 2,000 miles on mine with 35s now and still no change. 4mph off at 55mph. Same as always. I'd love to know the trick. Did the dealer install the 37's?
No, I had the local tire shop put the wheels and tires together and put them on. They couldn’t even tell me if the new TPMS sensors would auto calibrate or if I needed them programmed. They auto calibrated by the way.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
yeah 300 miles on my 37's and its still way off.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
For those that are calibrating on their own, do you have the 8.4" Uconnect Nav option and the ones that are not calibrating have the 7" Uconnect without Nav?

Only thing I could think of that would possibly cause this difference in those that get auto corrected vs. those that don't.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For those that are calibrating on their own, do you have the 8.4" Uconnect Nav option and the ones that are not calibrating have the 7" Uconnect without Nav?

Only thing I could think of that would possibly cause this difference in those that get auto corrected vs. those that don't.
Nope, I've got the 8.4.

If these things were set up to correct themselves, then why would there be a way for dealerships to program them? That wouldn't be necessary, right?

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
They wouldn’t have gone through all that mopar extended care crap if it auto corrected. Not calling anyone out, just saying. No disrespect intended. I still think I’ll wait for a Procal over $125 dealer fee for the speedo only. At least with the Procal I can adjust TPMS along with other things.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Nope, I've got the 8.4.

If these things were set up to correct themselves, then why would there be a way for dealerships to program them? That wouldn't be necessary, right?
My post was a thought / question. If what I thought was a possibility the dealerships would have been equipped to update those that have the 7" screen with no Nav where as the 8.4" Nav units would auto calibrate. That is why I was asking if anyone with the 8.4 Nav setup had the issue. You have answered that so that theory is out the window.

There are a few threads with this being reported. From what I have seen recently is the people that have said theirs calibrated automatically may be due to having their phones plugged in using Waze. They are thinking that they "thought" it calibrated when in all reality Waze was picking up the speed from Uconnect instead of from a satellite. This is still another theory but has yet to be proven out but somebody will be testing that.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My post was a thought / question. If what I thought was a possibility the dealerships would have been equipped to update those that have the 7" screen with no Nav where as the 8.4" Nav units would auto calibrate. That is why I was asking if anyone with the 8.4 Nav setup had the issue. You have answered that so that theory is out the window.

There are a few threads with this being reported. From what I have seen recently is the people that have said theirs calibrated automatically may be due to having their phones plugged in using Waze. They are thinking that they "thought" it calibrated when in all reality Waze was picking up the speed from Uconnect instead of from a satellite. This is still another theory but has yet to be proven out but somebody will be testing that.
Oh, I think you were right to ask that kind of question to narrow down the possibilities. I was just saying I had the 8.4 and it doesn't do it to add to the database and help you eliminate it as a possibility. I'm right with you in trying to figure this out. Please forgive me if it came across the wrong way.

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Ok, here is an update. And by the way I have the 8.4” screen. After posting that it work and auto corrected, on the way home I noticed that it was off again. I pulled up my gps app and sure enough it was off by 5mph like it should be. I left the app up and running and about a mile into my trip home it self correct and was accurate again. This is got to be totally driven by the gps/nav system communicating to the speedometer. My guess is it will revert back to the factory setting each time the power is off and the Jeep sits for a bit. So a programmer (when one is available) or a dealer programming will make it more accurate and not have to be relearned every time the car is turned off. The plus side is I won’t have to shell out $125 at the dealer because it works good enough for now and will get a programmer when they are available. I am supplying picture for the people in doubt (I would be too) to show the speedo is correct with 37’s on it. My daughter took the pics for safety reasons, :like:

FC022A4D-C175-4BB8-88D2-1CC020C5279C.jpeg

1964F506-2F7E-4A07-BEA7-3A7C3EA85785.jpeg

DA745131-0BC8-44C1-88AC-D68B7F9FD8E1.jpeg

2D1FE6C5-16F4-4407-A4B6-0E83B20030E6.jpeg