Bummed after soft top vandalized :/

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My seat handle broke within the first week. I haven't even bothered to get it replaced after reading the story of someone who did and had the dealer hit the side of their Jeep with the seat and scratch/dent it.

I also have a soft top and while I don't live in a "high break in area" I have never locked my doors once. If someone wants the napkins or loose in change in my console they can have them. I've always wondered if someone has ever looked through them though.

I've been tempted to do like others have said and leave some money in an easy place so hopefully they find it quick and leave happy.
My TJ was broken into like that some years ago. They cut the soft top, and stole some pennies. After that I just started leaving it unlocked for any crackhead who wanted to have a look.
Sponsored

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I had something similar happen to my JLUS in LA in my parking garage. They slipped into the same back panel. Fortunately I did not have anything of value in the wrangler. However I did have two bags of clothing I was going to donate to charity the next day. They took the bags out. Rummaged through them. Realized it was of no value to them. And left them on the side of jeep. Nothing was taken. No damage to the vehicle. I now leave nothing in the vehicle, ever, and try to always park in areas that are well light and not hidden (in the corners) but close to the elevators.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of an odd idea, but if you can get one of those biohazard stickers, and make up a few window signs to leave while you work, like:

”CAUTION
Covid 19 Patient Transport
Please Stay 6ft Away”

Maybe that would make them think twice,

I used to have lunch thieves in one of my college jobs. Solved by labeling my bag “LAB Specimen”

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of an odd idea, but if you can get one of those biohazard stickers, and make up a few window signs to leave while you work, like:

”CAUTION
Please Stay 6ft Away”

I used to have lunch thieves in one of my college jobs. Solved by labeling my bag “LAB Specimen”
I doubt It'd work. Don't forget we're talking about dirtbags.

OP
OP
MattLaurence

MattLaurence

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport

”CAUTION
Please Stay 6ft Away”

:LOL: actually thought about this! But ultimately decided it would backfire in some crazy way

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
actually thought about this! But ultimately decided it would backfire in some crazy way
People don’t read the signs. If they do, either they don’t always process them or they just don’t care. Just double line the inner sides with razor sharp, tire spikes. When the perp climbs in hard and fast hands first, guess what he gets?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
People don’t read the signs. If they do, either they don’t always process them or they just don’t care. Just double line the inner sides with razor sharp, tire spikes. When the perp climbs in hard and fast hands first, guess what he gets?
As much as I endorse the spikes in the hand idea the only problem is if you hurt them they’ll probably trash your Jeep.
You can’t win with these animals. A few years ago I had a MacBook Air stolen out of my plumbing truck in the South Bronx. I used my “find your phone app” and located it in some projects. I went to the precinct, they took a report but said they couldn’t do anything. What was I supposed to do go into that s**thole with guns ablazzing?
I figured let him have my laptop and his sh**y dirtbag life. My worst day is still better than his best day.

OP
OP
MattLaurence

MattLaurence

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport
Wanted to wrap this up and say a big thanks to all the responses from everybody here. Happy to be a part of such a solid community, and i hope to be able to return the kindness I've gotten here to others when they need.

:jk::like:
Sponsored