Build Review

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
This will be my first Wrangler. Have always wanted one and finally have the means to get one. Decided to get the Rubicon over Sahara. Had the build priced out by Peterson and local dealer here in MA. Cost of shipping from ID to MA will make me go with the local dealer who is still 5% below invoice. Anyways, here is my build, what does everyone think?

Rubicon Build.png
Which MA dealer is giving you 5% below invoice?
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Am I like the only person who still just checks their blind spot by looking over their shoulder?
Nope...Driving many years in vehicles with no rear view mirror. ONLY side mirrors. That habit has continued with my personal vehicles...PLUS, I am old so it is how I was taught ;)

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

Thanks! I'm not against what the 2 safety groups are there for and are supposed to do. I just have a car with similar safety features that thinks its "smart" but is in fact a very dumb car, because the systems dont just work well. I do wish I could get just the blind spot detection however.
I think for what the safety groups offer, and what could happen without them, is worth it. Adaptive Cruise Control is a bit wonky, especially when switching lanes (I hate the fast acceleration, instead of it being gradual), but this thing makes driving sooooo much easier, especially in traffic. Now when I get stuck in traffic, it's not even a worry. Blind spot monitoring should be standard, but even at that price, what could happen without it is worth the money 100 times over. Of course, all these options can be turned off, but I believe it's better to have it still as an option. People drive too crazy nowadays.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pistoloni

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
OP
OP

Pistoloni

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Which MA dealer is giving you 5% below invoice?
Sorry, I messed that up. Peterson in Idaho is giving 6%. Central Jeep in Raynham is giving 4% w/tread lightly. I double counted tread lightly @Central Jeep

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I would only possibly get Safety Group. Reading on the forums and the Gladiator side about how the advanced cruise can mess up and brake for you on hills, bridges, parking garages, etc... has me firmly staying away from it. Being the cause of an accident because your nanny slammed on the brakes isn't going to make the insurance company any happier. In heavy traffic I just PAY ATTENTION. The people who start to rely on these systems, especially in heavy traffic, are the ones I fear the most.

In my JT I specifically went with cloth seats because I knew my first addition to my truck was going to be seat covers. They've served me well and I don't have to worry about damaging the leather or having to clean/condition them to keep them nice. Also, with top down/off and or doors off leather is unformattable for me. They're scorching hot in the summer, cold and hard in the winter, and they don't breath so welcome the swamp ass even harder.

Your engine choice is great, but there is 1 question to ask. Do you drive intermediate to far distances when you do drive? From what I hear the diesel engine doesn't like short trips and starts to guzzle DEF when you start taking shorter trips frequently. It doesn't help that in my area diesel is constantly ~$1+/gal more than 87.

Why add the wheels you put on there? Just curious. If I didn't like the stock Rubi wheels I'd get different aftermarket wheels and pay about the same price but have much, much nicer wheels. Personally I don't like the look of the ones you chose and their price point has me balk too much, but this is subjective. If you like them and are going to keep then it's your choice, just something to think about.

I was just reading about the hinge gate reinforcement and decided to leave it off my possible future build. From what I can see it doesn't help a ton and there are aftermarket ones that are cheaper and do better.

As others have stated the steel bumpers are was too expensive for me. For that price you can get aluminum bumpers that won't rust and weigh less. Or for less than factory you can buy steel bumpers and save hundreds, if not over $1k with any deals.

Lastly, I got some Coyote mirrors for my truck and I love them. They are normally ~$150 but go on sale sometimes. There is a mount you install on your cowling and can leave it there. When you want to go doorless you just put the mirror stem in there and tighten a screw (thumb or hex, you get both) and you're off. Very quick and convenient. Also very sturdy and don't have to mess with mounting in door area or anything.

Hope I'm not forgetting anything. Not trying to pick apart your build or be an ass, just some things you may wanna think about :) I also left GG off my build now after looking through the forums.
Sponsored