Sponsored

Build Process & Tracking Questions

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
Hello,

I ordered a JLU Willy's on August 26, 2020 and have been patiently waiting for my new Jeep to arrive. I have signed up for the Crypto tracker; neither my build nor my window sticker has been found yet.

This morning I used to Jeep Chat to inquire about the status of my build. I was told my Jeep had just finished being built but that no other information (such as Build Sheet or an ETA) was available. What does this mean?

Also, I found the link below which I think allows you to manually track the Build sheet. Is this correct?
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet/vin=

If I use the link in my browser (after adding my VIN), the webpage I am directed to displays an error. Is this because I have no build sheet yet? Or is it because I am using an incorrect link?

All I want is to be able to periodically check the status of my Jeep. Am I using the proper tools for this? Thanks in advance for all the assistance.
Sponsored

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hello,

I ordered a JLU Willy's on August 26, 2020 and have been patiently waiting for my new Jeep to arrive. I have signed up for the Crypto tracker; neither my build nor my window sticker has been found yet.

This morning I used to Jeep Chat to inquire about the status of my build. I was told my Jeep had just finished being built but that no other information (such as Build Sheet or an ETA) was available. What does this mean?

Also, I found the link below which I think allows you to manually track the Build sheet. Is this correct?
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet/vin=

If I use the link in my browser (after adding my VIN), the webpage I am directed to displays an error. Is this because I have no build sheet yet? Or is it because I am using an incorrect link?

All I want is to be able to periodically check the status of my Jeep. Am I using the proper tools for this? Thanks in advance for all the assistance.
Looks like you're doing all you can for now. The build sheet generally gets published when it leaves the line. This could be the same day, a day later, weeks later, or never. There's no guarantee. In the link you have above, replace the / just before vin with a ?. Try that to see if your sheet has published.

Once your Jeep ships, your dealer will have detailed in transit information that he/she can share with you.

And, 5 weeks is nothing compared to some others who have been waiting since early June. Someone just posted that they just took delivery after a 91 day wait. I wish it wasn't so torturous. But I will tell you, the wait makes taking delivery that much sweeter!!! :)

Enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last week I received the following updates via Crypto:
  • Friday 10/2 my build was FOUND
  • Saturday 10/2 my window sticker was FOUND

Also on Saturday, Crypto indicated my build was COMPLETE.

What does all this mean? Has my Jeep been manufactured? And, if so, how do I track it from this point?

How do I obtain the status code of my Jeep which, presumably, would tell me if the vehicle has shipped or not? Is this where I need information that can only be obtained from Rubicon VLS? I apologize for all the questions.

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last week I received the following updates via Crypto:
  • Friday 10/2 my build was FOUND
  • Saturday 10/2 my window sticker was FOUND

Also on Saturday, Crypto indicated my build was COMPLETE.

What does all this mean? Has my Jeep been manufactured? And, if so, how do I track it from this point?

How do I obtain the status code of my Jeep which, presumably, would tell me if the vehicle has shipped or not? Is this where I need information that can only be obtained from Rubicon VLS? I apologize for all the questions.
Generally when the the sticker is issued (for US Jeeps), it is ready for shipping. Have look at the first post in this thread for a detailed walk through of what to expect.

Also, you can reach out to Jeep Chat and get shipping estimates, if they have them. Once your Jeep has shipped, keep in touch with your dealer as they have access to Rubicon tracking to tell you exactly where your Jeep is and when.

The anticipation just may kill you.... It almost did me.... But then seeing my Jeep on the lot was one of the greatest days ever!

Sponsored

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you again @WillysGirl.

While I absolutely want my Jeep (especially since the North Texas weather has been just perfect the last few days), I can be patient. I think my build process has gone rather well, particularly when compared to what others have experienced. So, please do not think I am complaining for one second.

I will try Jeep Chat tomorrow to see if it has shipped or not. Once it has, I will contact my dealer to track ti from there. @WillysGirl, I really appreciate your help as well as the daily updates you post regarding Crypto.

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you again @WillysGirl.

While I absolutely want my Jeep (especially since the North Texas weather has been just perfect the last few days), I can be patient. I think my build process has gone rather well, particularly when compared to what others have experienced. So, please do not think I am complaining for one second.

I will try Jeep Chat tomorrow to see if it has shipped or not. Once it has, I will contact my dealer to track ti from there. @WillysGirl, I really appreciate your help as well as the daily updates you post regarding Crypto.
Not for one second did I think it was a complaint. I did my fair share of internal complaining while awaiting my build. It’s torturous!

Can’t wait to see you post pics when it arrives!

Ceekim17

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4dr
Generally when the the sticker is issued (for US Jeeps), it is ready for shipping. Have look at the first post in this thread for a detailed walk through of what to expect.

Also, you can reach out to Jeep Chat and get shipping estimates, if they have them. Once your Jeep has shipped, keep in touch with your dealer as they have access to Rubicon tracking to tell you exactly where your Jeep is and when.

The anticipation just may kill you.... It almost did me.... But then seeing my Jeep on the lot was one of the greatest days ever!
Thank you for clarifying the stickers found for US Jeeps. When my sticker was found I had high hopes but since I live in Canada.. I think I need a new set of patience. Here's to waiting!

Jeepgirl21

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
So I ordered my 80th anniversary edition wrangler 10/24. As of 10 days ago it was KZR which showed to be to dealer within a few days. Now it is KZS which no one at the dealership (and no one online per google search) seems to exist. I am 2 hours south of Toledo what could the hold up be? Thanks in advance.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT

Sponsored

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
Looks like you're doing all you can for now. The build sheet generally gets published when it leaves the line. This could be the same day, a day later, weeks later, or never. There's no guarantee. In the link you have above, replace the / just before vin with a ?. Try that to see if your sheet has published.

Once your Jeep ships, your dealer will have detailed in transit information that he/she can share with you.

And, 5 weeks is nothing compared to some others who have been waiting since early June. Someone just posted that they just took delivery after a 91 day wait. I wish it wasn't so torturous. But I will tell you, the wait makes taking delivery that much sweeter!!! :)

Enjoy the ride.
I ordered my Jeep Wrangle Willys sport in April 28th. Still waiting. Still showing in D1 status. Was told today it is because of a transmission recall on the manual transmission.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer

Enjoy the ride.
I realize this post is dated but I tried the website link and it doesn't work. I'm in the same boat waiting for updates on my special order and the dealer is not responsive.

JacKaL78

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
How often is the build process updated? I think I read somewhere every Monday, but I’m not sure if I pulled that out of my 4th point of contact or not
Sponsored