First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
looking for the threads or advice I could follow in upgrading my stock audio. I plan to do it myself but have some electrical experience, so I am not to worried about it. I plan to spend no more than 1k on this as I am still delaying lift/wheels/tires, but I'm tired of suffering these stock speakers. I have in my head some speaker replacements and maybe add a sub/amp. Just looking for some direction and recommendations that others have experienced providing a drastic improvement in the audio in terms of both max volume and clarity.
Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I installed Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrade for Dodge and Jeep Vehicles OEM 77KICK25AB ($59) in the top of the dash and the MB Quart JC1-169SB with install kit ($212) in the sound bar, using a 3.5" harness that I had to ask for (received 5 days later) from MB Quart instead of the 4" harness. It appears the cost for this kit/speaker combo increased $50 recently. Also just got Polyfill ($4) but have not installed it yet. Total spent is $275 including tax and shipping. The 3.5" harness makes a big difference over the 4" harness but I'm not sure if the kit is worth $200 but it's already cut out/ installed and I'm happy. Cutting out wasn't that bad. Hoping the polyfil helps a little.
I must say that this forum has been a tremendous help with endless information and so many members that are eager to help or answer questions. Thank you!!

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I put poly fill in both the top dash and the sound bar (6x9s) and didn't really hear a difference.
Sponsored