BRP factory Alpine Sub adapter

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
@BRP330 Thanks for listening. What’ll I do with the one that I bought?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jkjones1

First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I guess MB quart is still delayed with their subwoofer - wonder if it will make it by the end of the year.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As of last Tuesday they are still in the way.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replacement confirmed. Stand up outfit.

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the 48CWRT104 has a bolt circle 9 7/8" so with the new design you will get 5/8" of material compared to 3/8". It should be enough material to drive the screws.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And Quart posted the Sub on their website:

https://mbquart.com/shop/mobile/mob...jeep-wrangler-jl-tuned-oem-subwoofer-upgrade/

I sent an email to Dave and they will only be offering it with the amp. I don't need the amp. He said I could sell it but they go for $120 on ebay. IMO $300 is too much. Probably going with the Kicker sub. Going to measure twice before ordering and it’s down to $150 at Crutchfield.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was originally designed around that sub with the wider bolt circle. However the minimum enclosure size for the Fosgate sub that they offer is 0.55 cu ft and the factory enclosure is 0.35. The minimum enclosure for the 10tw1 is 0.35 and for the 48cwrt104 is .4 and tech support from Stillwater says that with a little polyfill it would be ok. The issue was that the bolt circles of the later two were not wide enough for the 9.5 ID of the adapter. That’s why BRP revised the design and reduced the ID to 9.25”.

Sponsored

achan

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler 392
Bumping an old thread, but I did the MB Quart 6 speaker upgrade and added a 3rd MB Quart amp to drive the OEM sub. I had the OEM sub box stuffed with poly-fill, which seemed to help tighten it up a bit. While the overall sound quality and volume of the system is lightyears better, the sub still sounds a bit boomy at times and not clean as I would like it.

I just ordered the BRP adapter ring (9.25" opening) and a Kicker 48CWRT104 shallow sub and will report back after installing.

FWIW, I suspect that 90% of people would be completely satisfied with just re-powering the OEM sub and adding poly-fill, but I'm nitpicking a bit here.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested in seeing how that works out. I went and got an adapter from them but the ID of original design was too wide for any sub except the the Fosgate subs. They replaced mine with the newer design but by then I had seen the Quart sub on their site without pricing and waited for that one and got one in December. I replaced the AmpPro with a Rockford DSR-1 and that made IMO a nice difference in the sound from the AmpPro.

achan

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler 392
Interested in seeing how that works out. I went and got an adapter from them but the ID of original design was too wide for any sub except the the Fosgate subs. They replaced mine with the newer design but by then I had seen the Quart sub on their site without pricing and waited for that one and got one in December. I replaced the AmpPro with a Rockford DSR-1 and that made IMO a nice difference in the sound from the AmpPro.
Yea thanks for that info, saved me a lot of time haha. Glad to hear you're liking the DSR-1, but I hope this is the end of audio tinkering for me.

What's the verdict on the MB Quart drop in sub? I would've bought it for ease of drop in, but didn't see them selling it as a standalone (without amp).

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the verdict on the MB Quart drop in sub? I would've bought it for ease of drop in, but didn't see them selling it as a standalone (without amp).
After break in and the DSR-1 Punch EQ it hits pretty hard. I was a bit bummed that you had to hit the amp. Dave at quart said that they didn’t want people to try to run their sub off the factory amp. Pretty sure you cannot sum the four channels. The factory amp had an issue when I tried to replace the soundbar with a set of infinity 3 ohm speakers. Factory amp shut down the soundbar.

achan

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler 392
Well I had the BRP ring and Kicker 48CWRT104 and ran it for a few weeks. After breaking it in, the pros were greater range and punchier bass. The con was it just wasn't as clean as I would've liked for an aftermarket sub. I suspect in part this was due to the sub suffering from the design of the oem box, as well as overall lack of rigidity. I even had the shop add material to reinforce the back of the box.

I ended up ordering a prefab JL 2 ohm sub (JL Audio CS110LG-TW1-2) thinking I could stuff it underneath one of the rear seats, but it was just a touch too big. Luckily it fits in the trunk and just allows for the under compartment to open, albeit with a little rub. As you can see the box is tiny, but the sub is the 2 ohm version of the one that comes in the JL Jeep Stealthbox. Sensitivity is lower than the kicker, but I'm not a huge basshead and was able to just turn the AmpPro sub level higher to compensate for lower output. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the sound quality and range. There is no distortion at any volume level.

Wish I would've just started here from the beginning as it is less than half the price of a stealthbox ($400 vs $950) and just $150-200 more than the BRP Ring + Sub.

The simpler solution that seems to be very well received is the MB Quart oem subwoofer upgrade. Despite not having heard it in person, that is the other option I would recommend.

jl sub 1.jpeg

jl sub 2.jpeg

jl sub 3.jpg
Sponsored