BRP factory Alpine Sub adapter

J2K66

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Well... I've been trying to plan a system for a while and just came across this. It seems to be a new product that I haven't seen mention of here yet.

https://brpautodesigns.com/jeep-wrangler-jlu-alpine-10-subwoofer-ring-adapter/

I know a few have made their own out of MDF or 3D printed one. Now there's an "off-the-shelf" option. I still question the integrity of the panel without some sort of reinforcement of the enclosure. The enclosure also isn't really sealed tight, I wouldn't think.

I'm still trying to decide between the MB Quart system, for ease, or peice together something better.
Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
My JL stealthbox knocks pretty good. I too would be worried about the integrity of the stock box being able to handle more air moving.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
How long has that been out? Only issue that I see is that it the sub requires 0.59 cu ft in a sealed enclosure and the factory enclosure is only 0.35 cu ft. I am about to send an email to them regarding this.

But you could use that trim ring with a 10tw1 JL audio sub. It's the one that comes with their Stealthbox and only needs 0.35 cubic feet.

OP
OP
J2K66

J2K66

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
I'm not sure how long it's been out, but they posted the below video on 9/15/22... so not long.

I just happened upon it while researching/planning for a system upgrade.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the 10TW1-2 seems to be difficult to find....

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JL stealthbox knocks pretty good. I too would be worried about the integrity of the stock box being able to handle more air moving.
That ring should be stiffer than the box just due to design. I will report back when it arrives. Also I have been pushing the stock sub with a Quart 400.1 for almost three months and it sounds good. And this is a fraction of the cost of a stealthbox. Not knocking the stealthbox, but it is pricey and if you want to keep a stock look and use the factory housing. Probably going with the Kicker if I can't find the JL 2 ohm.

Last edited:

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know a few have made their own out of MDF or 3D printed one. Now there's an "off-the-shelf" option. I still question the integrity of the panel without some sort of reinforcement of the enclosure. The enclosure also isn't really sealed tight, I wouldn't think.
The factory enclosure is tight. I have running a Quart 400.1 into a rewired factory sub for about 3 months.

I'm still trying to decide between the MB Quart system, for ease, or peice together something better.
I am running a Quart stage 6 and I was going to wait for the Quart drop in sub, but as I mentioned before, this opens up a lot of options. Just have to make sure that the sub can work in that space.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
That ring should be stiffer than the box just due to design. I will report back when it arrives. Also I have been pushing the stock sub with a Quart 400.1 for almost three months and it sounds good. And this is a fraction of the cost of a stealthbox. Not knocking the stealthbox, but it is pricey and if you want to keep a stock look and use the factory housing. Probably going with the Kicker if I can't find the JL 2 ohm.
The only reason I have the JL was due to a good deal I couldn't pass up.

Something else to consider is the box volume. This is detrimental to the performance of the sub. It sounds like you have a good handle on what fits and what doesn't. Good luck to the never ending project...

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only reason I have the JL was due to a good deal I couldn't pass up.

Something else to consider is the box volume. This is detrimental to the performance of the sub. It sounds like you have a good handle on what fits and what doesn't. Good luck to the never ending project...
JL Audio says the 10TW1 will work in a enclosure as small as 0.35 cu ft which is the volume of the JL factory sub enclosure. Got one coming from another member. Write up to follow.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it yesterday. At first glance it looks like MDF but the texture on the finished side looks molded.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the bolt circle of the 10TW1 is too short to work effectively with the BRP adapter. I tried to use some speaker gasket to sleeve up the speaker to get it properly aligned but the difference is too narrow. two of the screws were biting at air and I tried to drill pilot holes angled out but it did not work. I did get it bolted into the enclosure hoping that I had a good enough seal. Then I got it hooked up to the 400.1 Quart amp and I was not impressed and reinstalled the stock sub. I might try a wider bolt circle. The Alpine that I previously referenced will not work for the same reason. The Rockford Fosgate have a wider bolt circle.

OP
OP
J2K66

J2K66

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
And the bolt circle of the 10TW1 is too short to work effectively with the BRP adapter.
d'oh!

Can you post the Inside Diameter and Outside Diameter dimensions of the adapter?

It looks like the Rockford sub that BRP sells with the adapter has a bolt hole circle diameter of 10.157" (258mm) whereas the JL is only 9.7" (246mm)... which is just shy of half an inch.
Sponsored