Sponsored

Brighter Headlight Bulb Recommendations?

rmj339

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler 2 dr sport s
My headlights are awful and not bright i need to replace them....what does everyone recommend as far as bulb replacement. I guess the brand i am lookng for.

thanks
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Seriously, just save the coin and replace with Mopar LED. World of difference. Assuming you have the base halogen crap.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

what does everyone recommend as far as bulb replacement. I guess the brand i am lookng for.
If not going for a full OEM or aftermarket LED replacement, most go with the Beamtech's from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately they aren't available at the moment.

If you don't mind spending a bit more, these are another great option:

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...version-kit?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2020

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
I'd steer clear of LED bulbs in a halogen reflector housing. Fog light LED bulbs should be OK but with high output bulbs in reflector housing you blind everyone on the road. I'm not sure you will ever be satisfied with any bulb unless they are ones who blind other drivers.

If you don't mind spending the $ you can't go wrong with Oracle Oculus, a less expensive but highly rated option is the Axial's https://www.extremeterrain.com/axial-jeep-wrangler-led-headlights-black-diamond-j133763-jl.html

You may also find someone here (marketplace) selling OEM LED's at a good price. While still not the best (hence why people upgrade) they are still WAY BETTER than halogen.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'd steer clear of LED bulbs in a halogen reflector housing.
Generally, I'd agree with this. However, with the Beamtech's (which I ran with for a couple of months) I didn't have any issues. Many on here run them without issue, as well. Unfortunately, the size we need for the JL seems to be unavailable at the moment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My headlights are awful and not bright i need to replace them....what does everyone recommend as far as bulb replacement. I guess the brand i am looking for.
Sylvania Silverstar Ultras allow for a direct plug-and-play replacement. Done carefully, reaiming shouldn't be required.

I've used the Ultras in my truck, and there's a set in Mrs. Heimkehr's Honda as I type this post. They provide improved forward lighting at the expense of a shorter service life when compared to the regular (basic) H13 bulbs.

Advance Auto has recurring $15 rebate offers for these bulbs.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I'd steer clear of LED bulbs in a halogen reflector housing. Fog light LED bulbs should be OK but with high output bulbs in reflector housing you blind everyone on the road. I'm not sure you will ever be satisfied with any bulb unless they are ones who blind other drivers.

Other way around on the JL housings.

The beamtech lights have a crisp cut off, with little to no scatter and no hot spots. I was actually surprised by them. The fog lamp housings with the switchback LED’s have decent scatter. The white color element is useable, but the amber color element scatters too much to use with oncoming traffic.

When I put mine in, I aimed the lenses to where they should be throwing, and walked out in front of the vehicle by about 100’ and squatted down to get my eyes to where someone in a compact car would be sitting. No more stray light seen at that level than the factory halogen headlights or fogs with the white element on. With the amber element on in the fogs, they were obnoxious.

I’ve always been one to dislike with disdain for people who put in cheap LED or HID elements in their stock housings and blind everyone. But honestly, the beamtechs don’t. They just work.

Beamtechs are the way to go if you don’t want to do the job right. Big increase in performance, in brightness and useable throw, and also without scatter. New housings are optimal, but good housings (not eBay trash) are expensive.

Another option are Phillips +80’s. They are halogen bulbs, but the element design is in a slightly different position to the H13 standard. They not only throw brighter light, but in a longer beam pattern without scatter. I ran a set in my JK and it was a monumental difference over factory (JK lights were outright BAD). They had a noticeable difference over factory JL lights, but not as much of an impressive difference the Beamtechs gave me.

skovac2

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Army
Definitely recommend beamtech as well. been using them for a few months and you can find them on amazon so how much better can it get.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm running supernova v4 led headloght and fog lights. got them from headlight revollution. they are plug and play led bulbs. i paid $348 for both. yeah its pricey, but well worth the price. they are bright and lights up a nice path far and wide. been using them for 3 years and not one issue with them.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I plan on Phillips 2nd tier bulbs. Brighter with little sacrifice to life. I’ve had HID’s. Nice but not necessary.

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Iamjeepy6

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2021 JLU 80th Ann.
It Says wont fit the JL unless thats wrong?
What year JL are you entering, if it's a 21 it says it won't but it does. I installed these on a 20 and 21.
Sponsored