Sponsored

Brighter Headlight Bulb Recommendations?

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
What year JL are you entering, if it's a 21 it says it won't but it does. I installed these on a 20 and 21.
ok thx.
Its a 21 I just received the bulbs today.
Sponsored

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'd steer clear of LED bulbs in a halogen reflector housing. Fog light LED bulbs should be OK but with high output bulbs in reflector housing you blind everyone on the road. I'm not sure you will ever be satisfied with any bulb unless they are ones who blind other drivers.

If you don't mind spending the $ you can't go wrong with Oracle Oculus, a less expensive but highly rated option is the Axial's https://www.extremeterrain.com/axial-jeep-wrangler-led-headlights-black-diamond-j133763-jl.html

You may also find someone here (marketplace) selling OEM LED's at a good price. While still not the best (hence why people upgrade) they are still WAY BETTER than halogen.
$40 beamtech on amazon. I don't know how they could get any better for reflector housings. Been using them for more than 2 years and they are great as far as beam pattern and output go. I'm sure OE Led or Oracle perform better but for the money I have zero complaints, neither do the upcoming traffic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Brighter Headlight Bulb Recommendations? PXL_20210501_014743032.MP

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
[Amazon] Says wont fit the JL unless thats wrong?
Amazon's vehicle compatibility tool is notorious for inaccuracies. I've looked up parts that I've already purchased and installed on one of my vehicles, only for the tool to tell me half the time that it doesn't fit my year/make/model.

The real story, as usual, is in the product review portion of the item listing. If an item gets a Pass there, or a Fail, I'll trust the information. (I do filter out those reviews posted by someone who received the part for free, in exchange for posting a review.)

If there's a part or accessory on Amazon that I really want, I'll either vet the part for fitment in a forum like this one, or search for the part on another website. I try to avoid the latter, since doing so usually requires paying a higher price.
Sponsored