Brake pedal?

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Hey all, I’m a first time Jeep owner, coming from a golf R I’ve noticed the Jeep brakes are a little bit on the softer side. I have no problem stopping, but I noticed it’s definitely got a little more travel than I’m used to. I’ve had the brakes bled about 3 times now and it’s not gotten any better. Guess it’s just a normal thing for these Jeeps?
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey all, I’m a first time Jeep owner, coming from a golf R I’ve noticed the Jeep brakes are a little bit on the softer side. I have no problem stopping, but I noticed it’s definitely got a little more travel than I’m used to. I’ve had the brakes bled about 3 times now and it’s not gotten any better. Guess it’s just a normal thing for these Jeeps?
Hard to tell without feeling it but I'd guess it's normal. Modern VWs tend towards extra firm. I wouldn't call Jeep brakes soft but you're used to an extreme of the range.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
JL is better than Jk for a mile. Rubicon got even bigger brakes, it will stop, just keep your distance. I nearly rear ended someone couple times, that hopeless feeling is horrible.

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
JL is better than Jk for a mile. Rubicon got even bigger brakes, it will stop, just keep your distance. I nearly rear ended someone couple times, that hopeless feeling is horrible.
Yeah, I fought it in the beginning, but I’m stating to get used to keeping a little more distance and keeping my eyes up more.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Do you have the 2.0T or 3.6? I've read a few threads from people with similar complaints and am curious what motor is in your JL. We have 2 JLs, and I think the pedal "feels" better in my wife's JLU with 3.6.

Sponsored

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Many offroad biased vehicle have longer travel brake pedals. It is much easier to modulate braking offroad when braking varies by position more so that pressure on the brake pedal.

Pete

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer

Yup. And if the light is long enough, the pedal goes all the way to the floor.
Sponsored