JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently working on two Infinity Bottles. One is "everyday" bourbons and one is all Cask Strength ones.

I pour two ounces into the infinity bottle and then take 0.5 ounces from that mixture and pour it into a small sample size bottle. Once they're full, my buddies and I are going to sample each one in order and be nerdy and write down tasting notes n' stuff...

IMG_2193 copy.jpg

IMG_2192 copy.jpg
I started one infinity bottle and I know what's in it but not the measurements. It's very interesting smell and flavor. It's more of a mystery bottle I guess. Since I'm the only one drinking it I didn't think about the possibilities of what you're doing with yours. It's a great idea to involve friends and compare!
Sponsored

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Varying heat and humidity will affect the flavor and character of whiskey as it ages. The variety of wood and char level of the ok affects flavor and character.

What music you play for it? Nah. That’s called a gimmick. Shame on you Metallica for trying to get one over on fans.
I bought a bottle of Blackened last year. It’s not the best. I still have the bottle, but can’t seem to give it away.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
... It's a great idea to involve friends and compare!
Yep! Whisk(e)y tastes SO much better when it's shared. My friends and I also like to experiment with extra-aging and blending then extra-aging.

We'll take a low or mid-shelf whiskey or two, toss them in one of these 2-Liter barrels and leave it in attic or garage for a number of weeks just to see how we can change the flavor.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 1617986315054

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... LRD-Double-Barrel_Hero-1

Just picked this up. Super excited to give it a try. I missed last years first offering but was determined to get one this year.
I do love their Wood Finishing bottles. I haven't had this year's yet. Interested in your feedback on it.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I do love their Wood Finishing bottles. I haven't had this year's yet. Interested in your feedback on it.
I got to try last years but I wasn’t able to get a bottle. I am pretty excited about this bottle.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I picked up a couple last night that I’ve never tried. The GB Honeydew is good. Very smooth and mellow and slightly sweet. It’s overpriced for what it is (all of the Garrison Brothers whiskey is IMO), but it’s good. I don’t think I’ve ever tried Knob Creek. Fairly cheap for 9 year old bourbon so I’ll give it a try.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 6512367C-C870-4AF0-9537-71EBA2F39621

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I picked up a couple last night that I’ve never tried. The GB Honeydew is good. Very smooth and mellow and slightly sweet. It’s overpriced for what it is (all of the Garrison Brothers whiskey is IMO), but it’s good. I don’t think I’ve ever tried Knob Creek. Fairly cheap for 9 year old bourbon so I’ll give it a try.

I’ve never had the Garrison Brothers line may have to look into that. I like knob creek on occasion but it’s not as good as others IMO.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve never had the Garrison Brothers line may have to look into that. I like knob creek on occasion but it’s not as good as others IMO.
I tend to prefer the character of 8 to 12 year old whiskey in general. Garrison Brothers is a small boutique Texas bourbon. They’re expensive and young. I think mostly 3 or 4 years old. The single barrel I picked up is only aged 3 years and it’s $110. Their limited release Laguna Madre is 8 years old and it’s $300.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I tend to prefer the character of 8 to 12 year old whiskey in general. Garrison Brothers is a small boutique Texas bourbon. They’re expensive and young. I think mostly 3 or 4 years old. The single barrel I picked up is only aged 3 years and it’s $110. Their limited release Laguna Madre is 8 years old and it’s $300.
I’ll have to see what I can dig up here in Florida.

DJDirubbo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MB e63, 2021 392 Rubicon, 2018 F250 platinum

Garrisson is great

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’m a Willets, Blanton’s, guy. For those of you who haven’t done so and love bourbon, may I suggest a vacation trip the the Bluegrass and a round on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Start at Bardstown and hit a bunch of great distilleries -you will enjoy it. Check out the Old Talnoy Tavern on the square for some historical atmosphere and a great meal.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a Willets, Blanton’s, guy. For those of you who haven’t done so and love bourbon, may I suggest a vacation trip the the Bluegrass and a round on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Start at Bardstown and hit a bunch of great distilleries -you will enjoy it. Check out the Old Talnoy Tavern on the square for some historical atmosphere and a great meal.
Also need to hit Justin's House of Bourbon, down the road from Rupp Arena. Please is a great experience where you can buy and sell whiskey. They have some truly amazing rare and vintage bottles.

<https://thehouseofbourbon.com/shop/>

Make sure to play nice with your "guide" (a.k.a. sales rep) and do the tasting experience (you have to buy your samples, but if you end up buying the bottle they deduct the cost of the sample). Befriending them can have some benefits for your collection...

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Although I spend most of my time hunting for Eagle Rare and Weller, I do grab bottles I’ve never tried. Picked these up the other day.

1CBEA93C-033D-40BF-911F-79CE8E59172B.jpeg
Sponsored