FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 5080E8B4-572E-4656-A32E-2F515CE65872
I I just posted about trying to find this on Friday and as luck would have it a buddy of mine who owns a local establishment had a bottle so I picked it up! Haven’t tried it yet but am super excited. Also got a bottle of Blade and Bow one of the better wheated bourbons unless you can find Weller.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I got this today to try. Also this is great news as the folks gouging people on over MSRP could have e just met their match. Maybe now I can get a bottle of Pappy. I do believe in the three tier system but it is time for a fair battle.
https://www.distillerytrail.com/articles/

2FE5744C-62E3-4579-8C62-21B7808FAED3.jpeg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I got this today to try. Also this is great news as the folks gouging people on over MSRP could have e just met their match. Maybe now I can get a bottle of Pappy. I do believe in the three tier system but it is time for a fair battle.
https://www.distillerytrail.com/articles/

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 2FE5744C-62E3-4579-8C62-21B7808FAED3
So does this mean you’ll be able to get more of the holy grail whiskeys that are impossible to find and trade with us or pass it on for list price plus a reasonable finders/shipping/handling fees?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So does this mean you’ll be able to get more of the holy grail whiskeys that are impossible to find and trade with us or pass it on for list price plus a reasonable finders/shipping/handling fees?
I am certainly hoping so and will absolutely. I am not a “Bourbon trader” so I would for those that also just want to enjoy and not resell.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am certainly hoping so and will absolutely. I am not a “Bourbon trader” so I would for those that also just want to enjoy and not resell.
That’s what I’m talking about. My “secondary market” is my gut. If you do the leg work and take the time to ship to someone though you should get something for it. Either a trade for a comparable bottle that a hard for you to get in your area or a premium for your trouble. But not selling us a $50 bottle of Weller 12 for $600 like a local clown liquor store does. :facepalm:

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would assume they will all do what BT does for Blantons. Each person (not family) can buy one bottle. Then you are in Blantons jail for 3 months until you can buy the next bottle. It works for those of us who just drink it. This is new but we shall see how it goes.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spring has sprung here in KY so we went out exploring today. Stopped by Heaven Hill and a new distillery called Bardstown Distillery. They are only 4 yrs old so no bourbons yet other than a "Fusion" as they call it blending mature bourbon from an unnamed distiller and then their 3 yr old. At $70 a bottle I did not try. However they also partner distill with Kentucky Owl, Belle Meade, Calumet and a few others. I could have bought Kentucky Owl Confiscated for $140 and 10 yr Rye for $200. I thought that was steep so I did not but got these instead.

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Spring has sprung here in KY so we went out exploring today. Stopped by Heaven Hill and a new distillery called Bardstown Distillery. They are only 4 yrs old so no bourbons yet other than a "Fusion" as they call it blending mature bourbon from an unnamed distiller and then their 3 yr old. At $70 a bottle I did not try. However they also partner distill with Kentucky Owl, Belle Meade, Calumet and a few others. I could have bought Kentucky Owl Confiscated for $140 and 10 yr Rye for $200. I thought that was steep so I did not but got these instead.

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg
Absolutely love the bell Meade line. Just picked up a bottle of Bell Meade reserve. Also, went to a whiskey tasting at a local spot this weekend and picked up a barrel pick of Reservoir Rye. One of the best Ryes’ I’ve ever tasted. My collection is getting just a touch out of hand but if they continue to make great juice I’m going to continue to buy it. Heaven Hill is by far my favorite distillery. I love their Henry McKenna, Barrel Proof Elijah Craig, and Parker’s Heritage line that is released once a year.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@FLjeeper they had that Meade Rye for $60. I wanted to try the lower price of entry first. The guy said they always have it. Sadly at HH they had nothing special out. I like Elijah Craig as they make some good Old Fashioned‘s so I just grabbed a bottle to support them.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
@FLjeeper they had that Meade Rye for $60. I wanted to try the lower price of entry first. The guy said they always have it. Sadly at HH they had nothing special out. I like Elijah Craig as they make some good Old Fashioned‘s so I just grabbed a bottle to support them.
I didn’t know Bell Meade made a rye. I will be on that as soon as I find a bottle. Sometimes HH is between batches which is understandable. Their annual releases come out around Father’s Day and Christmas. It was good if you to support them! When my wife and I can cut loose from the kids for a few days, I would love to take her on a bourbon trail adventure.

Sponsored

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My little collection. I’d have to say that Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace and Elijah are my go to Bourbons. I do enjoy the Crown Reserve though too, but don’t tell anyone! Being in Southern Illinois, Buffalo Trace products are very hard to come by...It’s like a scavenger hunt, so when I find them, I buy them!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... D9B7D9AF-A9CF-4A7E-9FC4-97E9FC7DFEC9

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 18C7CA2A-8F1E-4C38-B78F-6AD3DDDE02A2

Last edited:

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I've been getting into barrel proof bourbons lately. I picked up a bottle of Woodinville that's bottled at 126 proof. A product of the late master distiller David Pickerell who was the former master distiller for Makers Mark. He was a naturalist when it came to aging bourbons. He believed that instead of still to barrel and having to proof it down after the aging process, that if you took the raw product and proofed it down prior to aging, then the "angels share" would naturally proof each barrel and render a product that didn't have to be diluted after the fact. Thus, allowing for a more natural interaction with the bourbon as a whole and the barrel. So, if you come across a bottle of barrel proof Woodinville, I hope you can enjoy it as much as I do!
Sponsored