wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
just spent part of a day at the St. Augustine Distillery. Their wiskey, vodka and gin are in my opinion excepptional. Spent more than expected but hey, I will just make room in the jeep to get it back home from Florida to Michigan.
Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
just spent part of a day at the St. Augustine Distillery. Their wiskey, vodka and gin are in my opinion excepptional. Spent more than expected but hey, I will just make room in the jeep to get it back home from Florida to Michigan.
I haven't been able to make it up there yet, but we are definitely planning a trip. It's only a couple of hours away.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone tried Wolcott bourbon? I haven’t yet. My niece is new to bourbon, she’s kind of my protege so her tastes tend to be similar to mine. She says it’s great and thinks I’ll like it too. She says it’s a bit sweet with vanilla and berry notes. I looked around and it seems to be a house brand of Total Wine. Runs $28. Does anyone know for certain who the distiller is? I figured it was MGP but I couldn’t find any evidence of that online.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well I couldn’t find any of my preferred bottles so I thought I’d try something new. Garrison Brothers Small Batch. A 375ml bottle costs as much as many full 750ml bottles so I got one on case i was disappointed I’d only be out of $45 instead of $100.

It’s not bad. It’s got a fantastic nose. Better than the taste even. But it’s good. Enough so that I might want to try another variety or two. Maybe the Balmorhea next.

image.jpg

I finally bought a bottle of Garrison Brothers last time I was in TX since it was $75 (~$20 cheaper than it is here). I really like it but probably wont be buying many at $95+ per bottle.

Total Wine did their Grand Reserve lottery a couple weeks ago and I got picked for a bottle of Blantons for $65. Not really what I wanted but I went ahead and bought it. Found a couple bottles for $56 at Wal Mart a couple days later.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I finally bought a bottle of Garrison Brothers last time I was in TX since it was $75 (~$20 cheaper than it is here). I really like it but probably wont be buying many at $95+ per bottle.

Total Wine did their Grand Reserve lottery a couple weeks ago and I got picked for a bottle of Blantons for $65. Not really what I wanted but I went ahead and bought it. Found a couple bottles for $56 at Wal Mart a couple days later.
My niece called me all excited recently. She found 5 bottles of Eagle Rare at Walmart by checking stock online locally. She couldn’t go but I had another niece go the next day and score the 4 that were left at $31 each for me.

Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Nice.

Something to look for is Michters Barrel Proof Rye. I've seen some posts about it popping up again. That stuff is amazing.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Another one I’ve been trying to get my hands on but can’t seem to find is Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel. Another great rye to consider is Pikesville. Bottled at 110 proof it has won rye of the year and #2 world whiskey of the year. Quite tasty!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Who makes that?
When I was young we just assumed it was distilled in the bathtub of a meth lab. But actually Brown Foreman did until the middle of last year when the brand was purchased be Sazerac.

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Oh man... daily is what I got, and what I want. For the most part it could be Old Forester, or Woodford. Right now I am sipping Garrison Brothers and enjoying it. My go to bourbons are Elijah Craig, Buffalo Trace as well as Four Roses.

My rules>
  • Your bourbon and pour, I drink it
  • My bourbon and pour, you drink it
  • Mood may influence choice
  • Drink it the way you like it, but if your mixing it's Jack, Woodford, Tx for you.
  • No one is left behind (no dead soldiers/remaining bourbon in glass)

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
When I was young we just assumed it was distilled in the bathtub of a meth lab. But actually Brown Foreman did until the middle of last year when the brand was purchased be Sazerac.
Yep this. My guy had a case in the back room he forgot about as he bought it when he heard they were selling in case they stopped making it. We shall see. I will try tomorrow night. I am old and told him I thought this was the name of rot gut.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
It’s a Maker’s night with friends and dogs. Good .mil and .gov Johnny Gunslingers, some good whiskey and stories, and dogs. My Rhodesian Ridgeback “Scout” brought him home from deployment and fed him exclusively from my hand for six months while we bonded. We have am awesome relationship and he is an amazing dog and buddy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... image
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 43CCB618-ED8C-46EB-B477-4E32F31615D0

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It’s a Maker’s night with friends and dogs. Good .mil and .gov Johnny Gunslingers, some good whiskey and stories, and dogs. My Rhodesian Ridgeback “Scout” brought him home from deployment and fed him exclusively from my hand for six months while we bonded. We have am awesome relationship and he is an amazing dog and buddy.

That one is excellent as is the private selection!
Sponsored