Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
First post, and it's about bourbon, go figure... One of our favorites is Oak and Eden Bourbon & Spire from Bridgeport, TX. Fantastic neat or on the rocks.
Bridgeport, not much there, got a lake, I jetski it fairly often....

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good hamburger joint and an OHV park, too, though the latter was a one and done for us.
Yea I remember eating a a good burger joint there...nice place, loved the lake.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
First post, and it's about bourbon, go figure... One of our favorites is Oak and Eden Bourbon & Spire from Bridgeport, TX. Fantastic neat or on the rocks.
Welcome to the bourbon thread. Oak and Eden is a great daily.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I purchased my 3rd ever fifth of bourbon. I've have tired of the Scotch I can justify purchasing @ $20 limit. It has been over a month since I abstained and with the sorry politics and weather news:facepalm: , It's been a looong month. This afternoon I'm trying a Brown Derby cocktail (we have a large grapefruit tree haha) with a $19 Old Forester. This (unusual for me) cocktail tastes pretty good. Not too sweet and some whiskey coming through. Maybe tomorrow I'll try a sipe neat. Any $20 or less brand recommendations welcomed. Cheers
It comes in a liter, but Early Times Bottled in Bond should be around $25.
I get Rebel 100 for $20.
A lot of people like Evan Williams Bottled in Bond for about $18, but I get a bag of unsalted roasted peanuts taste I don't like from it.

If you can open the budget to $25-30, ot opens you up a lot of tasty bourbon

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yesterday I purchased my 3rd ever fifth of bourbon. I've have tired of the Scotch I can justify purchasing @ $20 limit. It has been over a month since I abstained and with the sorry politics and weather news:facepalm: , It's been a looong month. This afternoon I'm trying a Brown Derby cocktail (we have a large grapefruit tree haha) with a $19 Old Forester. This (unusual for me) cocktail tastes pretty good. Not too sweet and some whiskey coming through. Maybe tomorrow I'll try a sipe neat. Any $20 or less brand recommendations welcomed. Cheers
The other day I out of Bourbon completely and while at COSTCO I looked to see their stockage of Liquors. There sat Kirkland (COSTCO brand) aged Bourbon. It was I thing $16 or $19 dollars. Well what the heck, why not give it a shot. I did and I am a Bourbon only man since my Junior year in college back in 72. Most of my life I have drank WL Weller, gradually going from WL 90 to 107. I finish my last bottle of 107 a couple of years ago and found that a $20 buck 107 had become well over $200.

Kirkland Premium Small Batch Tennessee Bourbon, aged 7 years, 103 Proof.

To say I was surprised at the qualty of the Kirkland, would be an understatement of the year. I urge you try it, I think you will be more than pleased.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The other day I out of Bourbon completely and while at COSTCO I looked to see their stockage of Liquors. There sat Kirkland (COSTCO brand) aged Bourbon. It was I thing $16 or $19 dollars. Well what the heck, why not give it a shot. I did and I am a Bourbon only man since my Junior year in college back in 72. Most of my life I have drank WL Weller, gradually going from WL 90 to 107. I finish my last bottle of 107 a couple of years ago and found that a $20 buck 107 had become well over $200.

Kirkland Premium Small Batch Tennessee Bourbon, aged 7 years, 103 Proof.

To say I was surprised at the qualty of the Kirkland, would be an understatement of the year. I urge you try it, I think you will be more than pleased.
Costco/Kirkland also has a Kentucky Small Batch, Bonded and Full Proof that is made for them my Barton 1792 that's petty good too. I don't see it much, but was able to get a bonded liter for $25 a few months back.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
My wife was out of town with Kid 3 for a volleyball tournament and she was some place that was selling several different types of single barrel select bourbons. She sent me the list and asked which I wanted.

I picked the Buffalo Trace Single Barrel Select (which was roughly in the middle of the price range for them). I've only had a few glasses so far; one neat, one with a couple ice cubes, and one with whiskey stones to keep it cold without watering it down (I think the whiskey stones were best). While it is good, I was disappointed. I don't think it quite lives up to the hype from the guy my wife got it from , or the price for that matter.

I think the Glenlivet 14 (I know, that's Scotch, not bourbon) I got at about the same time is much better and cost less.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeze.. for almost 30 years, I was a one bottle at a time sorta guy, but always a bourbon guy. Usually I had a handle of Maker's Mark around and with other assorted stuff for mixed drinks (Rum, Vodka, To-Kill-Ya, Gin). I was on a trail ride where we had a bottle share around the camp fire and it was all over for me.
I'm now sitting at 56 different bottles of bourbon now. Still a Maker's guy as the bottom row shows.

Just thinking of the Jeep parts I could have gotten with this!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 20230323_090505

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeeze.. for almost 30 years, I was a one bottle at a time sorta guy, but always a bourbon guy. Usually I had a handle of Maker's Mark around and with other assorted stuff for mixed drinks (Rum, Vodka, To-Kill-Ya, Gin). I was on a trail ride where we had a bottle share around the camp fire and it was all over for me.
I'm now sitting at 56 different bottles of bourbon now. Still a Maker's guy as the bottom row shows.

Just thinking of the Jeep parts I could have gotten with this!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 20230323_090505
Been there done that. Post having the $$ to do with, now back to a couple of 3 or 4 different ones.

TIP: Always safe your best and most expensive bottles. Then when you have a big party, you fill them with Dong Hung Low bottom shelf, aged as of yesterday! NOTE, Found some CHINESE Bourbon at a liquor store a few weeks ago, cheap but I did not buy it. So fill up that high $ bottles with the bottom of the shelf. I have NEVER had any not who did rave about the good Bourbons, Scotch, Rum, etc. No one ever guessed!

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Been there done that. Post having the $$ to do with, now back to a couple of 3 or 4 different ones.

TIP: Always safe your best and most expensive bottles. Then when you have a big party, you fill them with Dong Hung Low bottom shelf, aged as of yesterday! NOTE, Found some CHINESE Bourbon at a liquor store a few weeks ago, cheap but I did not buy it. So fill up that high $ bottles with the bottom of the shelf. I have NEVER had any not who did rave about the good Bourbons, Scotch, Rum, etc. No one ever guessed!
Good idea. I'm pretty well stocked on empties!! My wife told me to save them, but not sure what she has planned. I've got LEDs in some of them (the ones with the funky looking corks) and some got turned into Tiki Torches. I was going to toss some the other day, but she said not to. I have saved the corks for the day where one breaks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 20230323_094252
Sponsored