Blown subwoofer?

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Not sure if I caused this or if it is a defect, but my stock Alpine sub seems to be blown. I tend to limit volume to 20-22 with Sirius, with the equalizer bass up 4 notches from neutral. Has this happened to anyone else?

I imagine it is pretty easy to replace with an aftermarket sub, but would this be covered under the bumper to bumper? I only have 3200 miles.
Sponsored

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Take it to the dealer, in my previous experience they will replace speakers under warranty.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
But be prepared to deal with a little bit of BS from the dealership. They may not care and just replace it, but if they can get away with pointing the finger at you, they'll definitely try.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
to be honest I think the Alpine system sounds good, I'm some what of an audiophile with home stereo equipment, and IMHO you will never get audiophile quality sound out of a car stereo, one of the keys to great sound is "the lowest possible noise floor" which isn't possible in a car due to wind and mechanical sounds. The closet I've heard in a car was Mercedes S Class with the double pane windows. I have the Burmester high end surround sound system in my 911, now looking back it was not worth the $$ it cost in a sports car, should have saved that money for a nicer exhaust which is the best music to my ears...:rock::rock::jk:

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
what was your audio source at the time? I noticed the same problem earlier today, but I think I just had a rotten BT connection. Tonight my system sounded good.

No matter what, if the problem persists, definitely take it to dealer for warranty repair.

OP
OP
dwoodwo1

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
what was your audio source at the time? I noticed the same problem earlier today, but I think I just had a rotten BT connection. Tonight my system sounded good.

No matter what, if the problem persists, definitely take it to dealer for warranty repair.
I was just listening to Sirius. It only seems muddy and poppy at certain frequencies, so I am going to find a song where it is particularly bad and take it in.
Sponsored