Subwoofer quality

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I have the audio upgrade with the subwoofer. I am not particularly impressed. At first, I thought the subwoofer was blown, but now I am not so sure. At certain frequencies, it sounds very good, but at others, there is a significant amount of popping and distortion, even at low volumes. Has anyone else experienced this? I am convinced that either something is wrong, or it is just a crappy subwoofer.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have the audio upgrade with the subwoofer. I am not particularly impressed. At first, I thought the subwoofer was blown, but now I am not so sure. At certain frequencies, it sounds very good, but at others, there is a significant amount of popping and distortion, even at low volumes. Has anyone else experienced this? I am convinced that either something is wrong, or it is just a crappy subwoofer.
Something wrong. Mine sounds great.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Sounds shot to me, get it replaced.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Ours is a boomer, no sound quality issues at all from the sun department... have yours checked.

Tgpj83

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
You might need to adjust your equalizer settings, specifically the mid section. Mine sounded like yours on certain kinds of genres. Sounded perfect as soon as I adjusted the mid. No issues since.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I wish they had a sub gain...sad they don't.

But you shouldn't be getting crackle or anything like that. Maybe not as full or thumping as you'd like, but mine sounds clean enough.
Sponsored