Aftermarket subwoofer??

La Sancha

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My rubicon did not come with a factory subwoofer. With that said I would really like to install
https://www.alpine-usa.com/index.php/product/view/pwe-s8/

Does anyone know if this can be installed in the JLU? Quadratec says no but Crutchfield says shouldn't be a problem.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

This is my first post so I hope did this right!!

Thanks

Jeremy
Sponsored

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I think that particular sub is designed to go under a seat of your choosing, so mounting shouldn't be a problem. The question is more about connection to the UConnect and power draw. If Crutchfield says no problem, I'd probably trust that. It isn't beefy enough to likely require it's own amp. I'm no pro though, so if someone knows better, please clarify.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It'll work! You'll need to run power to it, along with a remote wire (cigarette lighter wire). Ground it behind the lower left kick panel.

Tap the inputs into your rear speakers at the base of the pillar behind the passenger seat. Twisted pair wires are easy to locate.

See the "adding an aftermarket amp(s)" post for wire color coding.

Good luck!

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Just a word of caution, on another forum, there were people that used that Alpine sub in JKs, (or a similar Alpine sub) and it sounded fine, but the mounting brackets were prone to breaking.

Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Is it possible to purchase and install a factory JLU Alpine sub?

@crazychile good to see a fellow SBAFer on here too, when's your JL delivery date?
Good to see you too @JK47 ! Loved your trail pics on SBAF.

The wifes JLU is still in D1. I'm hoping for Mid August delivery. I think I'm more anxious than she is.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Check out my sub from the aftermarket stereo install thread. Was literally at my audio shop an hour ago and they were installing the Alpine under seat sub in a JK. Installer said it doesn't hold a candle to the 8" JL I installed. Mine is mounted to the tail gate. Just an fyi...

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
I installed this sub in my JLU Sport on friday. It works and sounds great! I tapped into the rear speaker wires that run up beside the passenger seat belt and into the sound bar. The sub is currently sitting under the passenger seat. I haven't permanently mounted it yet because I wanted to make sure it was going to work and sounds good first. Mounting is definitely going to be a tight fit but I think I can make it work.

I also replaced the 4 2.5in tweeters with 3 inch kickers. I dynamatted and poly filled the sound bar as well. Overall I am very happy with the sound quality.

Make sure to buy it from amazon. It's only $237

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
I installed an Infinity Base Link in the rear and it made a huge difference.

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
I installed this sub in my JLU Sport on friday. It works and sounds great! I tapped into the rear speaker wires that run up beside the passenger seat belt and into the sound bar. The sub is currently sitting under the passenger seat. I haven't permanently mounted it yet because I wanted to make sure it was going to work and sounds good first. Mounting is definitely going to be a tight fit but I think I can make it work.

I also replaced the 4 2.5in tweeters with 3 inch kickers. I dynamatted and poly filled the sound bar as well. Overall I am very happy with the sound quality.

Considering this Underseat sub with a bass knob, did you mount it yet, and if so: does it cause any seat function issues? Non of the pictures show the back of the box, did it include mounting brackets?

Thanks,

The posts on the JL 8 on the rear door look awesome, but I would worry about water/ theft when I went topless.

Sponsored

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Considering this Underseat sub with a bass knob, did you mount it yet, and if so: does it cause any seat function issues? Non of the pictures show the back of the box, did it include mounting brackets?

Thanks,

The posts on the JL 8 on the rear door look awesome, but I would worry about water/ theft when I went topless.

Yes I did end up mounting the sub. Below is the link to the thread with pics and comments on how and why I ended up creating a custom mounting bracket and installing it in the rear cargo area.

My comments are broken up into two posts so scroll down after looking at the pics.

The sub does come with small metal brackets. I used those brackets to mount the sub to my custom mounting “plate”. Let me know if you have any more questions.

By the way, after several weeks of this setup I am super pleased. The sub is totally out of the way and sounds great.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...l-stock-sound-system.4009/page-19#post-354387

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
Yes I did end up mounting the sub. Below is the link to the thread with pics and comments on how and why I ended up creating a custom mounting bracket and installing it in the rear cargo area.

My comments are broken up into two posts so scroll down after looking at the pics.

The sub does come with small metal brackets. I used those brackets to mount the sub to my custom mounting “plate”. Let me know if you have any more questions.

By the way, after several weeks of this setup I am super pleased. The sub is totally out of the way and sounds great.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...l-stock-sound-system.4009/page-19#post-354387

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
Awesome, thanks for the help. I will be making the same upgrade. Better than $1300 for sure!

CrimsonGhost138

First Name
Raffaele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited Sport

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL

Why aren't people installing under passenger side REAR SEAT since bass is non-directional and there is plenty of space there?
Sponsored