Blinded by the Shifter

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I've never once noticed a glare fom the top of the shifter knob but I guess maybe it is there?.... Nonetheless thank you for giving me a scapegoat for my inability to park straight :)
Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Ok... being from CA I may not quite understand these things. But why do you need to lease deer? Can't you just buy one?

deer.jpg
You can, but I can’t afford to yet.
I’m saving up, though.

Seriously though, Texas is almost entirely private property. A function of having come into statehood as an independent republic, rather than a Federally owned territory. I think.

Anyway, most hunting is done on ranches, and the hunters pay the ranch owner for the exclusive rights to hunt on his land.

It’s a significant revenue stream for ranchers.

In my case, I lease two parcels, owned by the same rancher, totalling about 1300 acres. 2 square miles.

I split the cost with 8 other guys, but only one other guy (my best friend) and I use the property year-round. The others just show up in deer season.

The owners don’t live there, so for my purposes, it’s as if I own the place.

It’s only 8 miles from my home in town, and the pups and I go out there most mornings.

It’s a wonderful blessing.

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Y, 2020 Defender 110, 2022 392 ordered
This is not a 'Jeep thing'---
This is just a 'your thing'---
Sure sounds like something---
Not worth mentioning---

Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I really didn't want to get drawn into this thread. But I have a similar issue, not with the shifter of course, because my hand is on it. And its never sunny in Michigan. My problem, and its not a problem, but is related.. is the chrome ring around the steering column is reflected onto the windshield. Years ago there were articles about light dash material or metal, and the reflections it would cause in the glass and why certain materials are best, etc etc. So I am surprised by the chrome ring exists from FCA, and they didn't notice reflection/glare it casts on the windshield. Sure I could do something about it, but, as I mentioned before... Michigan... no sun... :) Oh, FCA is Michigan too, maybe that's why. :)
Wow. For once I'm not the only one. Same non-problem here. It bothers me on every sunny day, but sun and direction have to be just right, then the chrome ring reflection is directly in my field of vision. Not glaring or blinding, but a minor annoyance for sure, usually noticed when driving long distances and bored. I was going to put some type of tape on it or something.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I’m smelling class-action! Nowhere in the Owners Manual does it say anything about squinting your eyes. Driving your Jeep as advised can, dare I say will, result in serious, permanent and most importantly compensatable, damage to one’s retinas...Shiny Shifter Syndrome is not to be taken lightly...

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I’m smelling class-action! Nowhere in the Owners Manual does it say anything about squinting your eyes. Driving your Jeep as advised can, dare I say will, result in serious, permanent and most importantly compensatable, damage to one’s retinas...Shiny Shifter Syndrome is not to be taken lightly...
You could just put a sock on your knob like @GreyFox suggested... :LOL:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Had a similar problem with the chrome accent on the hood of my Silverado, ended up painting them flat black.

I find it more concerning that @JimLee has had more than one shotgun wedding! LOL

Gregj

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder