Bits and Bobs for the Aussie JL

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
According to Joe Thompson, Teraflex's Int'l Account Manager, both their front and rear panhard are RHD compatible, but they also sell a rear trackbar relocation bracket, TF-1953601. I have their alpine 2.5 lift in the garage with the rear bracket, as soon as I get it installed I'll post the results.
Sponsored

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
According to Joe Thompson, Teraflex's Int'l Account Manager, both their front and rear panhard are RHD compatible, but they also sell a rear trackbar relocation bracket, TF-1953601. I have their alpine 2.5 lift in the garage with the rear bracket, as soon as I get it installed I'll post the results.
Good to know. I wonder if that means that other makes will fit as well.

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Well, I can say that Teraflex's front alpine trackbar fits RHD.. but.... I had to remove a little set screw in order to get it short enough. I put on a 2.5" lift today and the trackbar at its shortest length was about 3/4" too long.

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Has anyone else lifted a 2020 JLUR? Mine has a headlight adjustment sensor that connects to the left rear upper control arm, but the Teraflex kit doesn't have any means for the sensor arm to reconnect, so my headlights are all over the place. Just wondering if someone has encountered this and found a solution.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I have the Toughdog front panhard, massive piece of kit and super solid, been running it for a couple of weeks and brilliant, I have the whiteline rear on the way. I only changed the front lower control arms, left the rest stock so no headlight adjuster issues for me.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Could anyone relocate their steering damper on the RHD JL, and how did you do it?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
Has anyone fitted a light bar above the windscreen? Are there any issues with what ever the sensor is at the top of the windscreen? I do a lot of night driving in central QLD and need a lot more light

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Have you installed it? Any issues?
I asked them via message.. they said it wont fit………
:facepalm:
Jeep Wrangler JL Bits and Bobs for the Aussie JL 0D9710F8-A6CD-4713-8C72-BDAF9202A0A3

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Have you installed it? Any issues?
I asked them via message.. they said it wont fit………
:facepalm:
Jeep Wrangler JL Bits and Bobs for the Aussie JL 0D9710F8-A6CD-4713-8C72-BDAF9202A0A3
Get the toughdog one, sold locally in a lot of places and is a huge piece of kit, fits RHD as it was built for it, couldn't be happier with mine :) In saying that plenty are running the Teraflex on RHD but I have heard of some issues wit noise from them *I think* Teraflex may have resolved this though. Checkout some of the Aussie JL facebook sights as well for confirmation if you have no luck here.

Sponsored

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Well, that's not the response I got from Teraflex. Below is the email I had received from them. But to answer your question COKENOGOOD, yes it worked for me. There is a small set screw that restricts how far you can turn the small end which had to be removed, just to allow a few more rotations to make the entire length shorter. For more than 2.5 inches of lift, maybe that would be unnecessary. Anyways, I couldn't be happier with it.

From Teraflex:
Wow sounds like you chasing parts for you JL around the world! So we do not have a lot of RHD items at this point. However, both our front and rear JL trackbars will work for RHD and LHD JL’s. We will be releasing our 2021 catalog soon then later on a RHD catalog but that is a bit off. Did you get that rear bracket from Jeepey.com? Also a good source is Japan4x4.

JAPAN4X4
Address
2-29, Saenba-cho
Akashi, Hyogo Ken, 673-0849
Japan
Phone 078-923-3518
Email
Website http://www.japan4x4.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Joe Thompson
International Account Manager
MAP Enforcement
Phone: 801-713-3314 Ext. 308
5680 W Dannon Way, UT 84081

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Well, that's not the response I got from Teraflex. Below is the email I had received from them. But to answer your question COKENOGOOD, yes it worked for me. There is a small set screw that restricts how far you can turn the small end which had to be removed, just to allow a few more rotations to make the entire length shorter. For more than 2.5 inches of lift, maybe that would be unnecessary. Anyways, I couldn't be happier with it.

From Teraflex:
Wow sounds like you chasing parts for you JL around the world! So we do not have a lot of RHD items at this point. However, both our front and rear JL trackbars will work for RHD and LHD JL’s. We will be releasing our 2021 catalog soon then later on a RHD catalog but that is a bit off. Did you get that rear bracket from Jeepey.com? Also a good source is Japan4x4.

JAPAN4X4
Address
2-29, Saenba-cho
Akashi, Hyogo Ken, 673-0849
Japan
Phone 078-923-3518
Email
Website http://www.japan4x4.com

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Joe Thompson
International Account Manager
MAP Enforcement
Phone: 801-713-3314 Ext. 308
5680 W Dannon Way, UT 84081
Thanks.
Much appreciated
Sponsored