Sponsored

Bilstein vs. Rancho

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you @Stickerhead. I wonder if either of these are a significant upgrade over the stock Rubi shocks or will it be negligible since I am not lifted?
The aftermarket shocks are better than stock. The advantage of the Rancho 9000 is it has 9 settings so you can tune the shock to your ride. You can also get an “air kit” that allows you to adjust them from inside the cab. I never used my air kit because the rocks would rip the hoses off the shocks. I just used the adjusters that came on it. That being said,if you plan on lifting it, you will buy these expensive shocks then have to buy longer ones latter. Good option shock
Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you @Stickerhead. I wonder if either of these are a significant upgrade over the stock Rubi shocks or will it be negligible since I am not lifted?
That's a good question. The only reason I am getting these is because we have a RC 2.5" lift and I want a full length shock to add stability. The good news about Rancho is you no likey you send back no questions asked. Double check that but that's been their scoop forever.
Hey, I'll sell you my Sahara shocks dirt cheap with only 20k on them... lol.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've run Rancho 5000X shocks on my previous JKU and they rode very well. I'll be running the newer 5000X's on my JLU just as soon as my doggone lift kit arrives!!

I did spray a few coats of clear coat on my 5000x's on the JKU before installing;for a $3.99 rattle can of clear coat and 15 mins of my time, it was worth it to protect them. Be sure to tape off the shaft completely before spraying if you go that route.
Sponsored