Billet Silver - Gone

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Just tried to order a Billet Silver and was told that was no longer an option and had to choose a second color.

Wonder what it will be replaced with
Same issue here. My dealer informed that my order is canceled after few days as the color is discontinued for 2021-2022. Such beautiful and basic color can’t believe what’s wrong with Jeep .
Sponsored

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
FWIW Billet got locked out at the same time Gecko became available. Meanwhile 2 weeks later both my dealer and even JeepCares thought it was still available, but it was in fact already gone. It amazes me that these things aren’t even communicated internally. I ended up having to order my 4xe Rubicon in a different color.

So it looks like Gecko has taken over Billet’s spot on the production line. Who knows what will happen next. Jeep colors are impossible to predict.
They didn’t put the efforts to take off their site. Shame !!

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I ordered my Billet Silver JLR 11 weeks ago. They say it has been built, but has been stuck in inspection for over a month. Now that Billet Silver has been discontinued, I am starting to freak out a bit...

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I ordered my Billet Silver JLR 11 weeks ago. They say it has been built, but has been stuck in inspection for over a month. Now that Billet Silver has been discontinued, I am starting to freak out a bit...
You should be good. I wouldn’t worry !!

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
FWIW Billet got locked out at the same time Gecko became available. Meanwhile 2 weeks later both my dealer and even JeepCares thought it was still available, but it was in fact already gone. It amazes me that these things aren’t even communicated internally. I ended up having to order my 4xe Rubicon in a different color.

So it looks like Gecko has taken over Billet’s spot on the production line. Who knows what will happen next. Jeep colors are impossible to predict.
When was this? I placed my billet silver order on the 4/29

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
When was this? I placed my billet silver order on the 4/29
I think that might literally have been the last day. What's your order status?

The week before, the order system was already rejecting Billet. We waited until the next week and my dealer was able to put in a pending Billet order on 4/28. Went to finalize the order that following Monday and it was already too late. System was rejecting it and that was it. Hydro for me.

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
Silver is a very popular color, they will just name it something else...

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I think that might literally have been the last day. What's your order status?

The week before, the order system was already rejecting Billet. We waited until the next week and my dealer was able to put in a pending Billet order on 4/28. Went to finalize the order that following Monday and it was already too late. System was rejecting it and that was it. Hydro for me.
D to D1 back to D back to D1. D1 since 5/21

Sponsored

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Billet Silver was not a color I was looking for when I bought my Jeep. I was really leaning toward White or StingGray. Now that I have it very happy with it. It looks great in the bright sun and tends to hide the dirt. Im really surprised its no longer available.

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I love my Billet Silver Recon. It looks clean for a long time, hides pin striping well, and looks great with the black and red contrasting colors. I notice dirt on the black hood decal long before I do on the paint. Around here, I see a lot of black, dark blue, and white Jeeps. Very few silver, so it stands out in a crowd as well. I would not mind Jeep not offering it for a while (until I am ready to get my next one).

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I love my Billet Silver Recon. It looks clean for a long time, hides pin striping well, and looks great with the black and red contrasting colors. I notice dirt on the black hood decal long before I do on the paint. Around here, I see a lot of black, dark blue, and white Jeeps. Very few silver, so it stands out in a crowd as well. I would not mind Jeep not offering it for a while (until I am ready to get my next one).
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Per comments from Mark Allen, the replacement color is Earl Grey. It's the color they used on the Gladiator Far Out concept vehicle.