Bikini Not Happening?

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
They also made a few Nacho color JLs for 2018 (probably to gauge interest) but that color was never widely released or available to order. The same may happen to Bikini.
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
This a nice colour but we don't know if it is accurate.

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
They also made a few Nacho color JLs for 2018 (probably to gauge interest) but that color was never widely released or available to order. The same may happen to Bikini.
The whole Nacho/Hella Yella thing wasn't handled very well. My wife wanted a 2018 JLU in some flavor of yellow, and it was a confusing mess. The late 2017 dealer info showed yellow as a choice, then before you knew it Nacho was here and gone. The dealers were confused and didn't know the future of yellow in 2018. There were conflicting stories and lots of rumors. Then Hella Yella was supposed to be available in April, then moved to early June. Finally late June it was out. We ordered one the first week we could.

I would anticipate the scenario with Bikini to be similar. Poor communication from FCA, and then promised dates probably moved a couple of times. If I was a betting man, Bikini will definitely be a late availability color.

BTW, I originally thought this color was horrible. If it's anything like the pictures I actually think it's not too bad. It kinda grows on you.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is nothing new. The same thing happened in the JK days. Purple was supposed to come, then it didn't, then it came late for a special edition, then it was expanded the following year.

The same thing happened with a yellow color too that never actually went to production.

One color was available on the Rubicon for exactly one month.

Sponsored

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
The whole Nacho/Hella Yella thing wasn't handled very well. My wife wanted a 2018 JLU in some flavor of yellow, and it was a confusing mess. The late 2017 dealer info showed yellow as a choice, then before you knew it Nacho was here and gone. The dealers were confused and didn't know the future of yellow in 2018. There were conflicting stories and lots of rumors. Then Hella Yella was supposed to be available in April, then moved to early June. Finally late June it was out. We ordered one the first week we could.

I would anticipate the scenario with Bikini to be similar. Poor communication from FCA, and then promised dates probably moved a couple of times. If I was a betting man, Bikini will definitely be a late availability color.

BTW, I originally thought this color was horrible. If it's anything like the pictures I actually think it's not too bad. It kinda grows on you.
I agree this color Bikini is growing on me also, Wish I could of got it in April.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I like the bright colors. We went out and figured Red, granite or white in that order. It was a “hell no” from the wife on Punk’n, Yellow and Mojito. But we found a Mojito with all the options I wanted and that’s what we got.

If that Bikini color looks like it does in that picture, we’d have taken it with the right options.

OP
OP

bikinidreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The order sheets in prior months listed it but as late availability, but it’s gone this month, is that a normal thing?

If Canada has it on the configurator, does that mean it’s able to be ordered there? (On a side note: Wow, Canada is weird eh? Different prices for colors, no unlimited sport, weekly payments)

I hate to say this as a guy, but I have been coveting the jade colored TJ’s for like the last 5 years, and I secretly want to get this jeep more for myself than my wife. Regardless, this color was basically made for Florida.

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
Real nice. Try to help a guy out and instead he calls your whole country weird. What a douch. Merry F’in Christmas to you too

Kangarhew

First Name
Rhew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I don’t think he meant any offense. Honestly when I saw all that on the Jeep Canada website I thought it was weird as well. I guess car buying is just different in Canada than it is in the states.

Sponsored

tjrider99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Subaru, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
The order sheets in prior months listed it but as late availability, but it’s gone this month, is that a normal thing?

If Canada has it on the configurator, does that mean it’s able to be ordered there? (On a side note: Wow, Canada is weird eh? Different prices for colors, no unlimited sport, weekly payments)

I hate to say this as a guy, but I have been coveting the jade colored TJ’s for like the last 5 years, and I secretly want to get this jeep more for myself than my wife. Regardless, this color was basically made for Florida.
My 2018 JLUR Punk'n couldn't be ordered until February. I ordered it on 2/2/2018 and got it 3 months later.....if that helps. I think late availability means you can order in February.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Is bikini not going to happen anymore? I noticed it's not on the order form this month, and my wife is about to have a stroke, as we have to turn in our leased renegade in a week, and she isn't going to wait to order one if it's not gonna happen. She will have to be stuck in a sea of boring gray colors, but at least save us some money on disposition fees and loyalty cash.
Bikini is a LATE 19 availability. I ordered a Mojito 2019. Should be in around first week of January or so. Order a Mojito unless you're really stuck on the Bikini.

Mojito!19

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU) Mojito!, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport S (JKU) Extreme Purple
Is bikini not going to happen anymore? I noticed it's not on the order form this month, and my wife is about to have a stroke, as we have to turn in our leased renegade in a week, and she isn't going to wait to order one if it's not gonna happen. She will have to be stuck in a sea of boring gray colors, but at least save us some money on disposition fees and loyalty cash.
It’s a late availability color... probably opening up for orders in April 2019.
Sponsored