Sponsored

Bikini Not Happening?

bikinidreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Is bikini not going to happen anymore? I noticed it's not on the order form this month, and my wife is about to have a stroke, as we have to turn in our leased renegade in a week, and she isn't going to wait to order one if it's not gonna happen. She will have to be stuck in a sea of boring gray colors, but at least save us some money on disposition fees and loyalty cash.
Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I haven't heard anything. I'll ask my friend who works in the paint shop

FallenSamurai

First Name
Fallen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
For me it is listed on the website, but the preview is broken and it does not show up in the builder.

iris.jpeg

OP
OP

bikinidreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me it is listed on the website, but the preview is broken and it does not show up in the builder.

iris.jpeg
I don't see it at all on the website, that's so weird. Just in the brochure that is posted. I am confused as to why they would have listed it on the order sheets last month and the month before, but removed it entirely now. It's like how they took away detonator yellow because of a shortage of materials or something.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
It was on the configurator about 10 hours ago. It replaced black. Bikini is gone and....black is back :)

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Bikini is a late availability color for 2019. So, no, its not going to happen this month.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Even if you ordered now you'd still likely wait until February or longer to receive it.

OP
OP

bikinidreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if you ordered now you'd still likely wait until February or longer to receive it.
That's fine, as we have other cars as options, but we don't want to wait if they're not going to make it at all.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Take everything everybody tells you with a grain of salt. Nobody is really sure what’s going on with the colors everybody’s guessing. I was told Mojito was for 2018 only and has been discontinued for 2019. PS I’m driving my 2019 Mojito wrangler. Bikini is coming don’t give up hope. the latest order guide still says it’s “late availability” which many believe to be next year but who knows. The website is notoriously problematic buggy and full of misinformation. the order guide however has been on point.

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Sahara. Ordered 9/25 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator
Vehicle Showcase
Bikini is showing on the jeep.ca (Canada) build and price if you want to see how it looks.

Sponsored

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
Mojito was a late availability color for 18 and I don't believe they started making them until April or May of this year.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Supposedly Bikini is a "late availability" color. So it might be in the next month, or summer 2019. All depends on how long you want/can wait. If its been popping up on the build web pages, I would assume it is still coming, maybe not as early as some would like.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Late availability is usually in the spring

I wouldn’t read too much into the online. Holder and order guide. They are inconsistent.

Some late availabilty colors have never shown up. But nobody knows for sure and it is way too early to tell.

I can tell you a lot of people in 2018 gave up on hella Yella but then it came out

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Friend of mine said they ran a few bikinis the other day :like:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Is bikini not going to happen anymore? I noticed it's not on the order form this month, and my wife is about to have a stroke, as we have to turn in our leased renegade in a week, and she isn't going to wait to order one if it's not gonna happen. She will have to be stuck in a sea of boring gray colors, but at least save us some money on disposition fees and loyalty cash.
I'm sorry your wife isn't likely getting the color she wants.

I'm also kinda sorry that this post's title doesn't represent themes more consistent with this picture:

bikininothappening.jpg
Sponsored