Sponsored

Bike Rack Options??

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Allen 2 bike hitch carrier that I plan to use with a hitch extension. We’ll see how I like it with the Jeep. It’s fine for my wife’s Rogue.
Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Biggest thing that upsets me is right now on my car the bike rack mostly blocks my plate so I avoid a lot of the camera tickets here. That won’t be happening on the wrangler, gotta figure something else out.

bearcat454

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500HD, Suzuki Carry
I run a 1up rack with the fat bike add-on. I'd really like the rack, and currently have to remove the bike to access my Land Rovers trunk space. I have a 2-door JL coming (soon I hope!).

The ultimate goal for me would be a rack that mounts behind the spare tire carrier, and goosenecks a single bike 1up rack to below the tire. I really want to be able to swing the tailgate open with the bike still attached.

I will probably be working on this towards the end of spring. Keep you guys posted!

JeepRat

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500, 2015 Lexus NX300h, 2017 Jeep Renegade, 2015 Subaru Forester, 2012 Lexus CT200H
I run a 1up rack with the fat bike add-on. I'd really like the rack, and currently have to remove the bike to access my Land Rovers trunk space. I have a 2-door JL coming (soon I hope!).

The ultimate goal for me would be a rack that mounts behind the spare tire carrier, and goosenecks a single bike 1up rack to below the tire. I really want to be able to swing the tailgate open with the bike still attached.

I will probably be working on this towards the end of spring. Keep you guys posted!

My goal is similar. I want to carry at least two bikes but have total access to the rear area of the Jeep without having to take off the rack and/or the bikes. I would also like to keep my departure angles but that may be a pipe dream since I will probably have to run some sort of extender to clear the spare.

Depending on how far the doors swing open maybe the RockyMounts swing away...

https://rockymounts.com/collections...y-platform-hitch-rack#shopify-product-reviews

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
3F840B80-24D7-496E-BC1E-48136CCC2109.jpeg
0C804BAB-3B33-4D60-9AFA-2673979B2B41.jpeg
This Jeep Bike Rack is about 10 years old, still works on my Overland and should be fine on my new Wrangler.

Sponsored

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
@kholding How do you like your eagle components?? And with that, how are you locking up everything!? I'm constantly paranoid with just a full XT build on mine...

Huge thanks to @aCeMedic13 for showing that drop hitch mount. I was about to drop $7-800 for a swing mount or the Kuat swing attachment.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I’m figuring whenever I plan on riding it’s general nice out so I’m hoping with the top down I’ll be able to just slide the bike in standing

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Almost pickup truck style

Mukluk

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’m figuring whenever I plan on riding it’s general nice out so I’m hoping with the top down I’ll be able to just slide the bike in standing
As long as the interior dimensions are the same as the JKU you should be able to do that. I put a fork mount on a 2x4 and carried my Niner (small frame) that way. I did that with the hard top and it worked out nicely.

Helajames

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon

I have 1UP and love leaving just the single rack on all the time. I was thinking the same thing with mounting it to my JL spare somehow and to have it be able to fold up still

Sucram

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLUR
Occupation
Nerd Herder
We've had a few hitch mount and tire mount racks over the years. Have the 1UP for a couple years. Love it. Waiting for my Jeep to come in so I can put it on.

joem

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 j/k
thule makes a nice 2 bike rack-think its called a dre? well made but pricey
Sponsored