Big Problem, Need Some Advice

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Hey everyone. So today I installed my aux switch kit and it didn’t go so well. I bent the pin of the orange wire and screwed that up. Still trying to figure out a fix for that, but I’m also concerned with something else.

My A/C isn’t blowing cold anymore, since I did the wiring. It won’t get cold no matter what setting I put it on.
Does anyone know what it could possibly be or if they have run into these issues before? Anything would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jeepster345

In regards to the orange wire.... with a piece of wire jumper from one end orange to other end orange and tape it up. Lots here have done that.. No harm doing that.

OP
OP
jeepster345

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
@jeepster345

In regards to the orange wire.... with a piece of wire jumper from one end orange to other end orange and tape it up. Lots here have done that.. No harm doing that.
Which ends of the orange do I jump together? The end where I unplugged the orange wire?
This is what I’ve currently got set up. The orange wire that came from the OEM harness is plugged into one of the wires coming from the Aux harness. The other orange wire from the Aux harness is going into the original spot of the OEM harness.

Jeep Wrangler JL Big Problem, Need Some Advice image

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
From the picture, I'm not sure what you have hooked where.

Remove the orange wire from the 13th cavity. We will call this wire Bob.

The orange wire from the aux harness goes into the space vacated by Bob. There are two orange wires in the aux harness. You want the one that is the same gender as Bob.

Now you hook Bob to the other wire from the aux harness using that connector they provide. You want the orange wire with the opposite gender of Bob so they can mate.

I had trouble with this step too, and it did directly cause gremlins. My dash was lit up like a Christmas tree until I got the orange wire sorted out.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Which ends of the orange do I jump together? The end where I unplugged the orange wire?
This is what I’ve currently got set up. The orange wire that came from the OEM harness is plugged into one of the wires coming from the Aux harness. The other orange wire from the Aux harness is going into the original spot of the OEM harness.

Jeep Wrangler JL Big Problem, Need Some Advice image
I started writing while you were posting this second picture. It sounds like you did it right.
Sponsored