Sponsored

In desperate need of advice fuel injector problem.

Leymarti1018

First Name
Leyla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hi All,

I need help or advice on what to do. My husband bought me a brand new Wrangler Willys on Thursday as an anniversary present. We picked it up and and dove towards NYC for dinner. We live in upstate NY we drove 70 miles and the engine light started flashing and car started shaking. We called the dealer they said they didn’t know what to tell us because it’s a new car and that should be happening but they couldn’t help us to call service departmen. we are stuck close to the highway and couldn’t get through their service dept. It was an automated service and wouldn’t accept the address we were giving them. Hung up called triple A to get the car and take it back to the dealer. Car got there at about 10:30 pm. Husband went in the morning and they said it was a the fuel injector. Don’t know how serious of a problem that is and if anything else In the car can get messed Because of that. We paid for 80% of the car in cash and the other 20% we refinanced because they said if we pay for the whole car in cash they would need to charge us more money becauuse they get paid by the bank when costumer refinance. We went along with it. But when we called them for help they left us stranded in the middle of a highway for hours no help we had to take care of it ourselves and we are still waiting to talk with a manager or the owner. They still have not gotten back to us.

So my question is where do we go from here and has anyone gone through this before. Also, what happened if the car brakes down again? Has anyone had problems with their fuel injector in their wrangler?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If its something as simple as a faulty injector you shouldnt have any problems arise from that. The dealer can just change the injector under warranty and it should all be fine. I had some rodents chew the wiring to one of my injectors and after fixing the wiring the jeep runs perfect again. Is this an actual jeep dealer or an independent lot that you bought the car from? And I can confirm that a dealer makes money on financing by way of a payment from the financing institution.

OP
OP

Leymarti1018

First Name
Leyla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If its something as simple as a faulty injector you shouldnt have any problems arise from that. The dealer can just change the injector under warranty and it should all be fine. I had some rodents chew the wiring to one of my injectors and after fixing the wiring the jeep runs perfect again. Is this an actual jeep dealer or an independent lot that you bought the car from? And I can confirm that a dealer makes money on financing by way of a payment from the financing institution.
Yes, it’s a dealer and thank you so much. I feel a lot better knowing that the car will be fine and it’s something simple. I definitely do not want to get stuck again anywhere specially if I’m by myself. I appreciate your answer! Thank you.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Also, if this makes you feel any better, lots of us wrangler owners have some kind of problems with our Jeeps, sometimes even straight off the lot. Some have bigger issues than others but there is usually something that will come up. Hopefully your issues gets fixed the first time around, good luck and enjoy your new Wrangler!

OP
OP

Leymarti1018

First Name
Leyla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much. It does makes me feel better, hopefully I’ll get it back soon!

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you so much. It does makes me feel better, hopefully I’ll get it back soon!
You may not be aware but you have roadside assistance which would cover towing to the nearest dealer. You can probably find more info in your owner's manual.

WARRANTY
  • Basic - Miles 36,000
  • Basic - Months 36
  • Powertrain - Miles 60000
  • Powertrain - Months 60
  • Roadside Assistance - Miles100,000
  • Roadside Assistance - Months60
  • Rust-Through - Miles 100,000
  • Rust-Through - Months 60
In reality, not sure how much the dealer could have helped you other than tell you to have it towed back to their service department.
Sponsored